[Moo] [abhainniarthair] SCA membership fees increase

Jonathan Blaine hourumiyamoto at gmail.com
Sat Dec 4 19:33:58 PST 2010

No I whole heartedly agree, I've seen many scaers go and start their own
group. It's getting bad.. first off, as soon as someone screws up, the rest
of us get blamed for a single individuals actions.

Corporatation minds don't fit into the word fun. My family has seen the sca
go from start to now. Some rules I must agree is for the best, others are
just plain dumb. And don't even get me started on the double bladed weapons,
personal vendetta there lol.

I was about ready to get my membership renewed, but I'm starting to think
not.. also wondering if the sca is even non profit anymore (I know they are)
it seems like every time i turn around they jack up the price for something.
Ugh, let me know when we start focusing on fun again.
On Dec 4, 2010 9:46 PM, "Maven" <sk8maven at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I've got just two words for the Board of Directors. The first one is
unprintable
> and the second is "YOU!"
>
> Duke Cariadoc warned us more than twenty years ago that one big
centralized
> membership fund is just one big honeypot for lawyers. Now here we are,
proving
> the truth of his thesis.
>
> We have also found out by catastrophic experience that the "insurance"
that the
> SCA, Inc. was founded to provide is completely worthless. ONE scumbag in
ONE
> group in ONE kingdom, who wasn't even perpetrating his vices AT SCA
events, has
> ruined the whole game for everyone. That's what centralization can do.
>
> I think we need to dis-incorporate and radically decentralize. No more
BOD. No
> more Corpora. No more big central honeypot. No more "insurance" that isn't
worth
> the paper it's printed on. It's going to happen anyway, as the BOD keeps
jacking
> the membership rates into the stratosphere to cover their incompetence and

> misfeasance, and people start refusing to pay extortionate rates,
triggering a
> vicious spiral that can only end in the destruction of the SCA. Inc.
>
> Best we start now, before things completely fall apart, to plan what will
take
> its place. The BOD needs us far more than we ever needed them - without us

> they're nothing, but without them, we still have each other and our game.
And