[Moo] Embroidery patterns for baronial gift baskets (was Re: Itemsneeded for Ice Castles)

Shannon D. Combs-Bennett sdcbennett at alumni.indiana.edu
Fri Jan 8 07:07:15 PST 2010

Brilliant!  Thanks for posting this.

Rhonwen

-----Original Message-----
From: moo-bounces at lists.stierbach.org [mailto:moo-bounces at lists.stierbach.org] On Behalf Of Karen
Sent: Friday, January 08, 2010 9:51 AM
To: The Barony of Stierbach
Subject: [Moo] Embroidery patterns for baronial gift baskets (was Re: Itemsneeded for Ice Castles)

If you'd like to embroider gifts (such as pouches, pincushions, book-covers, etc.) for the investiture gift baskets, here are cross stitch patterns for most of the baronies' populace badges:
http://aeg.atlantia.sca.org/projects/atlantiangroups.htm

(I notice this list is missing Lochmere's populace badge -- I suspect their populace badge may be "A crab within and conjoined to an annulet azure," which basically means a blue crab kind of inside-and-just-touching-on-the-edge a blue ring.  You could use the pattern at http://hobbyloco.com/needle/crabc.gif for the crab, but using blue -- Lochmere blue seems to be close to DMC 336 -- and then stitch a circle around the crab.)

The Atlantian Embroiderers' Guild also offers instructions for making small embroidered gifts, for which these sorts of populace badge patterns might be eminently suitable:
http://aeg.atlantia.sca.org/projects/howto.htm

Karen
www.larsdatter.com