[Moo] 30 March Fighter Practice After Action Report

William de Mont d'Or mondor.winchester at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 07:45:25 PDT 2010

We had three folks in armor and three folks there to provide advice,
encouragement, and good natured jeering (as required).  No with a few
less armor issues, and unhealed tourney bruises we would have had five
folks fighting.  My goal is to have a five armored fighters present to
be at the low end of our attendance scale.

On to business.  It was the night of two swords versus the world as
His Excellency and Lord Ragnar were both doing their best to
impersonate whirling threshing machines of death. Our two resident Sea
Stags were both in teaching mode so practice was productive as well as
fun.

Lessons Learned:

1) Takeda's new helmet is not only protective, but looks cool.
Corollary to lesson 1.  My helmet does not look cool, but I am not
jealous and will not pout about, I am just happy for Takeda. (Repeat
until true)
2) Just because Ragnar only has one sword does not mean he throws less
blows.  It only means he throws twice as many blows with his right
hand.
3) White shoes MAY not be period.

William de Mont d'Or