[Moo] 04 May Fighter Practice AAR

William de Mont d'Or mondor.winchester at gmail.com
Wed May 5 14:21:09 PDT 2010

We had three people fighting rapier and three fighting heavy last
night.  We also had a drive by.  Not the bad kind, but the kind where
a fighter drops by practice to say he will be there next practice.  If
the stars align, work schedules permit, and folks get off of their
collective bahookies, I anticipate seven or eight folks in armor next
Tuesday.

Lessons Learned:

1) Humidity is not your friend.
2) It was humid last night (see lesson one)
3) If you call a shot light and you get hit there again, only HARDER,
it was your own damn fault.

On a related topic, Sapphire Joust is coming up and there is a melee
event with teams ranging from five fighters to seven fighters.  I
would really like to field a full team and do some damage this year.
Last year we teamed up with Tir-a-don and filed a team of six.  We did
OK, but not as well as a group of seven Stierbach fighters would have.
 If you are planning on attending Sapphire Joust and would like to
fight on the Sunday as part of a (The) Stierbach team let me know.
Who knows, we could even practice together before the event.

William de Mont d'Or