[Moo] Wakefield Demo Information

Shannon D. Combs-Bennett sdcbennett at alumni.indiana.edu
Mon May 10 05:15:50 PDT 2010

Greetings,

Andrew Clubb, the teacher contact at the Wakefield School, has contacted
me with times for this year's demo.  Please contact me if you are still
able to come and participate.

Yours,

Baroness Rhonwen

Thursday May 27th

For the 6th graders, parents and staff to end their medieval unit

Demo starts at 2:45 and will go no longer than 1 hour 15 minutes

Plan to show up by 2:15 for set-up

Banquet Starts at 4:15pm (please let me know by that Monday if you would
like to attend the meal)

Activities needed:

Fighters of all disciplines

People to show/explain/demonstrate A&S activities

People in garb for atmosphere and answer questions

Directions:

Wakefield School

4439 Old Tavern Rd

The Plains, VA 20198

http://www.wakefieldschool.org/about_wakefield/directions/index.aspx

****This in NOT "The Wakefield Day School" just south of Rappahannock
Cellars Winery.  "Wakefield School" is Just off of I-66 Exit 31*****

>From the East

>From the Capital Beltway/I-495, take exit 49 to merge onto I-66W toward
Front Royal/Manassas. Go 33.1 miles and take exit 31 for VA-245 (Old
Tavern Road/The Plains). Turn right onto Old Tavern Road/VA-245 and
proceed 0.6 miles to the school on your right.

>From the West

>From I-81, go North and take exit 300-300E to merge onto I-66E toward
Front Royal/Washington. Go 31.5 miles and take Exit 31 for VA-245 toward
The Plains. Turn left at the bottom of the ramp onto Old Tavern
Road/VA-245. Proceed 0.7 miles to the school on your right.

>From the South

US-29 N toward Warrenton. Take US-17 N ramp to
US-29Bus/Luray/Warrenton/Winchester/US-211 W/US-15 Bus and merge onto
US-17-SPUR N. Continue for 1.6 miles and take the ramp onto James
Madison Hwy/US-17N. Continue for 7 miles. At Great Meadows, turn right
onto Old Tavern Road (VA-245). Continue for 2.8 miles (under I-66) and
the school is on your right.

>From the North

Take US-15 South until you get to I-66. Take I-66 West toward Front
Royal. Get off at Exit 31 for VA-245/OldTavern Road/The Plains. Turn