[Moo] Tuesday Fighter Practice After Action Report (31 Aug)

William de Mont d'Or mondor.winchester at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 08:38:49 PDT 2010

The weather was mild and pleasant, just about perfect for practice.
We had four heavy fighters in attendance and two rapier fighters.

One of the heavy fighters is a new chap who was using the loaner
armor.  This was his second practice and I think he will be back for
more.  We worked on a number of weapon forms and conducted one-on-one
and two-on-one drills.

Lessons Learned:

1) Not fighting for four weeks will have a impact on your performance level
1a) That impact will be negative

2) There is a marked difference in the ability to see one's target
when wearing a closed face helm and an extremely closed face helm (My
visor was of the extremely closed variety)

3) Practice is fun

William de Mont d'Or