[Moo] Metalsmiths' Symposium

Laurie Clarkston garadh at verizon.net
Thu Sep 16 20:02:30 PDT 2010

Metalsmiths' Symposium IX

Sept 24-26, 2010

The Barony of Stierbach and the Kingdom of Atlantia welcome all interested in learning about metal, glass, and other related arts to Metalsmiths' Symposium IX on Sept 24-26, 2010 at the Prince William County Fairgrounds in Prince William County, VA.

This weekend long event is dedicated to teach people from the beginner to the advanced student wanting to learn all types of metal and earthen pursuits including casting, jewelry, forging, glasswork, metalwork, pottery, dyeing, chandling, and anything that is fire-friendly. Please visit the official MSS website for tips on attending and what to expect http://ekmg.eastkingdom.org/mss/.

Class signup is now open!  NOTE! Your Classes WILL NOT be registered until the exchequer has either a copy of your ACCEPS confirmation email (send to: to exchequer(at)stierbach.org) or your money.

All classes will be considered for Atlantia University credit.

For those wishing to fight either heavy or rapier, we plan to run a bear pit tourney and have training sessions on Sat.

Site will open at 5 pm Friday and close at 2 pm Sunday.

Cost:

     Adult, Member: $20.00, includes dayboard on Saturday
     Adult, Non-Member: $25.00, includes dayboard on Saturday
     Youth (6-17): $10.00
     Child (0-5): $0.00
Note: Children are welcome to attend the event; however, they must be supervised by an adult at all times. There will be no children's activities at this event.

Feast (Saturday): $6.00 pre-registration required, limited to 75 people

Menu:
     Lunch:

         Sotted Eggs

         Meatballs on Skewers -spinach and cheese pie for veg-

         bread (Basic French)

         Carrots/Celery

Feast:
   1st Remove:

       Chicken in Cumin Sauce

       Roasted Pork

       Carrots and Parsnips (in Cheese?)

       Cheese Pudding

   2nd Remove

       Beef

       Fish

       Butternut Squash in Balsmic Vinegar & Rosemary

       Brussel Sprouts

   Desert

      Berry Pudding

**Note: Any Diet or Allergies concerns please contact Master Chirhart at: chirhart_1(AT)yahoo.com

Lodging: http://www.stierbach.org/events/metalsmith/hotels.php

  (The first hotel listed has extended the special rates for this event.  Make sure you tell them you are attending the Metalsmiths' Symposium)

On site tent camping: $10 for the weekend.

RV hook-ups: $25 per day.

Make Checks Payable To: SCA Inc., Barony of Stierbach. ACCEPS is now up. Go to: http://acceps.ansteorra.org/index.php and select Atlantia and Metalsmith event. NOTE! Please forward a copy of your ACCEPS confirmation email to exchequer(at)stierbach.org

Site: Prince William County Fairgrounds, 10624 Dumfries Rd, Manassas, VA 20112. Site opens at 5 pm Friday and closes at 2 pm Sunday.

Site Restrictions: No alcohol. No ground fires

Reservations: Ceridwen ferch Rhys ap Michael (Lisa Mitchell), 13813 Rainer CT, Woodbridge VA 22193, email: exchequer(AT)stierbach.org

Autocrat: Gustav von Silberwald (Peter Topkis). 204 Lancaster Gate Dr, Midlothian, VA 23113. Phone: (804) 690-9693. Email: gustavvs(AT)yahoo.com

Directions: Prince William Fairgrounds, 10624 Dumfries Road Manassas, VA 20110

>From Washington, DC and Points North:
Take I-395 south to I-495 north; Follow I-495 north to I-66 west;
Follow I-66 west to Virginia Route 234 south (Bypass), exit 44;
Follow Virginia Route 234 south (bypass) to the 6th traffic light (Business 234), turn left;
Proceed approximately 1 mile to the Fair Grounds entrance on the left.

  From Richmond, VA and Points South & East:
Take I-95 north to Virginia Route 234 north (Dumfries Road), exit 152B;
Follow Virginia Route 234 north approximately 14 miles to Business Route 234 and turn right;
Proceed approximately 1 mile to the Fair Grounds entrance on the left.

>From Frederick, MD and Points West:
Take US Route 15 south to I-66 east (at Haymarket, VA)
Follow I-66 east to Virginia Route 234 south (Bypass), exit 44