[Moo] Curia at Coronation

lady_esperanza at cox.net lady_esperanza at cox.net
Sat Apr 9 09:11:30 PDT 2011

A Curia was held at the Coronation of their Majesties, Michael of Bedford and Seonaid ni Fhionn. I attended this Curia and wanted to pass the word along as to the changes that will be affecting our Kingdom and all of us:

Thier Majesties activated the SCA Policy of using Electronic Communications for distributing official SCA business. A vote was taken and no members of Curia objected to this form being used. Curia notices can now be sent via email, notices on webpages, such as the online Acorn or sent on an electronic forum. Their Majesties will make every attempt at providing an agenda for their Curia's.

The Acorn will be moving online, with the intent of getting rid of the paper copy. They don't have it all worked out yet and are looking for ideas so more news on that as I get it. The stipend to the paper Acorn was cut 60% so the paper Acorn could be shrinking to a bare minimum. As was mentioned after the last Curia at Unevent, Kingdom Officers are reviewing all their policies, not all Officers are complete. With the Curia officers approving that official SCA business could be distributed electronically these changes could be posted online, webpages, emails, etc. Intent being that changes to Kingdom Law could also be posted. There is a 6 month schedule to get everything moved online.

The next Curia will be at Crown May 7th. Kingdom Law 3.6.1 was suspended in consultation with our Kingdom Seneschal to make this possible. (3.6.1 makes it so there is a 30 day notice before a Curia).

With more and more of communication happening online Her Majesty reminded people that just because communication is online doesn't mean there isn't personal responsibility. Please remember that we are supposed to be a society of chivalry and courtesy, grievances should not be aired on Facebook, Myspace, Live Journal etc.

There is to be a Questions and Answers sessions at events that His Majesty is attending. So if there is questions they can be answered personally.

Lady Esperanza Susanna Flecha
Seneschal, Barony of Stierbach