[Moo] OT: Opportunity for Actors/ Actresses

Made For Willow madeforwillow at yahoo.com
Tue May 24 19:10:03 PDT 2011

This is a wonderful little theatre that is a great opportunity for many of those young folks you all have home for the summer....just wanted to share the opportunities..

Annie Discount, Auditions, Shows

More Acting Opportunities

May, 2011

In This Issue

FCT membership

Annie at half price

4 Youth Auditions

Under 18?

Volunteer Opportunities

Please visit our website and find out how you can be a MEMBER of FCT!
 www.fctstage.org/membership

Our members and sponsors are our lifeblood to providing you with acting opportunities.

Quick Links...
Our Website

Contact the Editor

There is a lot of activity at Fauquier Community Theatre! Come on out and join in the fun. We have had sell out performances of Annie with a need to put in another performance date, Coldstone for concessions during intermissions, and the "Chik Fil A" cow came out to visit with great give aways. We have upcoming auditions for YOUTH and a summer FULL of exciting fun!

We hope for you to join us!
FCT's Spotlight Editor

Additional Annie Performance Date Set

Thursday, May 19th, 2011 at 8 PM
Purchase half-price tickets
online. Choose May 19th.

Not only has FCT added a weekday performance date for Annie, but we are also offering tickets for it at half-price. We are hoping this will bless families and those that haven't seen the show yet, but would like to do so.

We have added the date because there have been so many sell- out performances of Annie and less than 50 tickets left for this coming weekend out of 3 dates.

FCT desires that ALL may come out and enjoy this heartwarming story that is portrayed very well by the FCT cast and crew.

Thank you to everyone who has purchased tickets for the previous 6 performances and those that have tickets for this weekend. It is because of your tickets that we are able to offer such a special deal to those that haven't seen the show.

Tickets are still available for Friday, May 20th and Saturday May 21st both at 8 PM.

Summer Youth Show Auditions

 Greater Tuna
Directed by Tim Sampson

Mon., May 16, 2011 7 PM - 9 PM
Tues., May 17, 2011 7 PM - 9 PM Last Chance Auditions - Tonight
Wed., May 18, 2011 Callbacks, 4 PM - 7 PM if needed.
Auditions will be at the Fauquier Community Theatre
(4225 Aiken Drive, Warrenton, VA).
Cast Requirements 5 Actors/Actresses total aged 16 -23.
Auditions will be cold readings from the script.
Please bring any date conflicts for rehearsals and also a headshot.
Questions can be answered by the director, Tim Sampson at tim.sampson18 at gmail.com.

Greater Tuna performance dates: July 21, 22, 23, 24

The Importance of Being EarnestDirected by Alison Cummins

Sat., June 11th from 6 PM - 9 PM
Sun., June 12th 2 PM - 5 PM
Mon., June 13th  Callbacks if needed 2 PM - 5 PM

Auditions are at the theatre.
Please bring any date conflicts of rehearsals and headshot.  Auditions will be cold readings from the script.  Cast Size is 5 men, 4 women aged 16-23. Questions should be addressed to the director, Alison Cummins at acummins048 at aol.com.

The Importance of Being Earnest performance dates: August 5, 6, 7, 12, 13, 14

Jack vs. Jill
Directed by Hannah Malinowski

May 23rd at 7 PM
Auditions will be held at the theatre (4225 Aiken Drive)
Performance dates: June 24, 25, 26

Cast requirements 3 females, 6 males and 3 either male or female (10-12 total) Age requirements 16-23 yrs old. Please bring resume, photo and list of rehearsal conflicts for your audition. Questions can be answered by the director, Hannah Malinowski  at lilactresshannah at comcast.net.

Jack and Jill meet for the first time after that fateful day on the hill...in a courtroom. Jack -- the scar on his crown forever serving as a reminder of his tumble -- must defend himself against Jill's accusations of malicious hill-pushing.

Boy Meets Girl:  A Young Love Story
  Directed by Evelyn Rice

May 23rd at 7 PM
Auditions will be held at the theatre (4225 Aiken Drive)
Performance dates: June 24, 25, 26

Cast requirements 1 male, 1 female, and 3 either male or female (5 total). Age requirements 16-23 yrs. old. Please bring resume, photo and list of rehearsal conflicts to your audition. Questions can be answered by director, Evelyn Rice at eveyluvstheatre at aol.com.

Follow Sam and Katie as they go through the trials and tribulations of love at the tender age of five in this hilarious and sweet take on young romance. From the decision to check the "yes" box on their boyfriend/girlfriend contracts to more serious conversations about past nap part...ners, Sam and Katie find themselves entering into a genuine relationship, all in the midst of worrying about the spelling bee, selling Girl Scout cookies, and figuring out what they want to be when they grow up.

Budding Actors Under the Age 18?

There is an upcoming kids play in August. Auditions will be posted via email during the month of June. FCT kid's plays are always a huge draw for budding actors and actresses and also have a tendency to draw large audiences. Stay tuned to the website  www.fctstage.org and also to special announcements such as this one for more information.

Kid's Show TBA on August 19, 20, 21

Also, FCT will be hosting a Theatre Day Camp in which students will come during the day to learn from an experienced actress and then perform their own show at the end of the week!

Volunteer Opportunities

Do you have dance and music training?  Do you like to paint and hunt for furniture?  Do you like to gather props? Do you like to build and design sets?  Do you enjoy working with lights and sound?  Do you enjoy working with costumes?
WE have a job for you at FCT.  FCT is desiring to start a volunteer database in which directors and producers can use to fulfill their many opportunities of service. Please contact Christie to be added to the database!

If you are interested in producing, stage managing, props, painting, designing and building sets, light design, sound design, costume design, directing, choreography or music direction, please contact Christie at christie at fctstage.org. You will make lots of new friends and have a great time bringing shows to life.

Sincerely,
Christie Clark
Spotlight Editor
Fauquier Community Theatre

Forward email

This email was sent to willow.rolfe at yahoo.com by spotlight at fctstage.org |
Fauquier Community Theatre | PO Box 3046 | Warrenton | VA | 20188