[Moo] Some Things needed for Holiday Faire

Marcolo DelMare marcolobronzethunder at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 10:09:51 PDT 2011

We are only putting up 4 pavilions this year, Troll, Gold Key, Chirurgeon,
and MotL. We have 3 of the 4 and would appreciate if someone could loan *a
pavilion* for MotL. Enequay has one he could lend but with his recent
surgery he cannot lift anything heavy so we would have to pick it up, set
it up and then return it to him. This is a great option but if someone else
could offer the use of their pavilion and transport it to the event that
would save us some trouble.

The Pavilion for Troll is arriving Saturday Morning but if we can get the
other 3 up on Friday afternoon that would be great. I can definitely use
some volunteers to come on *Friday the 18th* and help with set up. There is
much less than last year, Honestly. And Big White is *NOT* getting set up
this year.

The site (PWFG) raised their prices on us and we no longer have unlimited
access to chairs and tables. Please *bring your own chairs* for your own
use to holiday fair. We will have tables brought from the locker and a few
folding chairs from the site but that is all.

We would like to borrow *Walkie Talkies* from anyone who happens to have
them to lend. Most importantly Chirugeon needs a way to quickly contact
people to let them know in the unlikely event of an emergency. After having
called an ambulance of course.

*Heaters*: Last year some members of the populace were kind enough to loan
their heaters to people who were stuck outside working or part of the
vigil. Luckily last year it was 70* and sunny and not very necessary. I
don't think we are going to be so lucky this year.

*Volunteers*

This Barony (including the Cantons) is great about coming together to make
our events successful. Thank you all in advance for helping out.

As always we will need folks to help with *set up and breakdown*.

*Lunch*: Lunch this year is being run by Lady Leone lia at webslayer.net and
she will need a couple of folks to help her unload stuff from her vehicle
and to set up. There will be a need for a couple of folks to help with
heating the food and such and also some folks to serve. Please send her an
email to let her know you are willing to help her out and she will give you
times and whatnot.

*Marshals*: We need folks to make our activities run smoothly. Sir Cian is
our MiC for the event. If you would like to help make things like Thrown
Weapons, Fencing, Heavy Fighting, Youth and Archery run smoothly please
contact him Cian at macquaid.org.

*MotL*: Viscountess Catherine Greyeyes is running this if you can help her
out please let her know. catherine at lesgagnons.org

Troll: Lady Miriel deNedham is handling this and if you would like to take
a shift at troll please contact her miriel.denedham at gmail.com

You may have noticed that our Baronial Castellan (Male form of Chatelain)
is our Event MiC. We would love some volunteers to man *Gold Key*. It's not
hard work but it is necessary.

*Silent Auction*: Master Richard Wymarc is running this and if you have
donations for the auction or would like to help him out contact him at
webminister at stierbach.org

*CiC* is Mistress Blitha of Wolfhou blithaofwolfhou at yahoo.com

*Head of Security*: is Lady Rosamund from Sylvan Glen. If you would like to
spend some time making sure we don't have a repeat of the issues from the
past two years please contact her at paulettelashley at yahoo.com . That is
correct, this year we have "Polite Security". Please, no one is to take it
upon themselves to locate mundanes who sneak in and toss them out on their
ears. The SCA is supposed to be about courtesy, lets live up to those
ideals. I was very embarrassed last year by this behavior, but I am sure it
was no one from Stierbach.

*A&S* is being run by Lady Amie Sparrow, the theme is "All Things
Germanic". If you want to help her out she can be reached at
troenwolf at hotmail.com . Please bring your projects to the Fair.

If you can think of something that I have left out feel free to contact me,
the autocrat.

Thanks,
Marcolo
Marcolobronzethunder at gmail.com

--
Somebody has to do something, and it's just incredibly pathetic that it has
to be us.