[Moo] Siege of Glengary Sept 21-23

lady_esperanza at cox.net lady_esperanza at cox.net
Fri Aug 31 10:00:52 PDT 2012

What are your plans Sept 21-23rd? If you are not planning to attend Midnight at the Oasis it would be a perfect time to visit our neighbors right over the border in Sylvan Glen hosting the Siege of Glengary. There will be heavy fighting, rapier fighting, archery and thrown weapons. (Unfortunately all equestrian activities had to be cancelled.)

Our neighbors would love to see us at their event!!!

The 17th Annual Siege of Glengary
Shire of Sylvan Glen
Sept 21-23, 2012

 The sound of Pennsic War has passed and Aethelmearc and Atlantia have stood shoulder to shoulder against common foes.  In such rare days we welcome our neighbors from Atlantia to test their metal and show their skills both on the field and off at The Siege of Glengary in Sylvan Glen.  No mere battle for our treasured relic the Silver Apple, no simple raid across the borders.  No this year we challenge all to show their skills “For Kingdom and Crown!”  Let Aethelmearc show what wonders her proud people can perform in the Arts and Sciences and upon the field of battle.  Heavy weapons, rapier, archery and thrown weapons will all compete for points and this year we add Siege Weapons!  The gentle arts will be showcased as well with the theme “For Kingdom and Crown” including a special War Scribal Challenge for Youth and Adult to be composed on site.  What better way to end such a wondrous day than with a feast truly fit for a King?   Savor dishes from England’s oldest royal cookbook prepared by Mistress Euriol of Lothian and the Sylvan Glen Cook’s Guild.  Aethelmearc, your Kingdom and Crown call! What say you?

Autocrat is THL Hrefna Ulfvarinnsdottir, 52 Brandewine Cir. Martinsburg, WV 25404
 (Tammy Pritt)  304-886-1234
ravenstyx at yahoo.com

Where: Jefferson County Fair Grounds,
2007 Old Lee Town Pike, Kearnesville WV 25430

Site Fees: Adult, Pre-reg $12 On-site $14
Children (6-17) Pre-reg $5, On-site $7
Family Cap Pre-reg $36, On-site $42
Feast: Adult, $9    Children (6-17) $6.
Children 5 and under are guests of the shire but must be pre-reregistered for cook planning.

Reservationist: Lady Etain Eame (Erica Waldman)
179 Retriever Lane, Bunker Hill WV 25413 (304)229-2548
No calls after 9pm.
Make checks payable to SCA-WV Inc., Shire of Sylvan Glen

Need more information regarding this event. You can use the link http://www.siegeofglengary.org/

Baron Mors and Baroness Esperanza