[Moo] Northern Regional Melee Practice

Richard Girven girvers16 at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 13 19:13:27 PST 2012

.Cross-posting from Sir Joscelin,

Sir Richard

Our first winter Northern Regional
Melee practice will be held on Sunday, December 16.  Armored combat
starts at 10:00 a.m. promptly and will stop by noon.  Please plan on
arriving no later than 9:40 to ensure you are armed in good time.  Folks
 who have participated in these practices in the past can tell you: we
do start on time.  This is just a practice, so there will be no MOLs,
waterbearers, etc.  Rapier melee practice begins at noon and will run
until 2:00 p.m. and will be run by Provost Caitlin.  We highly encourage
 crossover fighters to participate in both practices!  Our friends from
the Central Region, Bog, Rome, and Chux are of course encouraged to
attend as well.  Plan on fighting the whole two hours with only brief
breaks.

Practice
 will run rain or shine unless field conditions are positively
dangerous.  Any cancellation will be posted by 8 a.m. on the day of
practice.

Date/time:
  Sunday, December 16 10:00 a.m. to noon (heavy); noon to 2:00 p.m.
(rapier)  You'll need to arrive early to be armored in time for the
start of fighting.

Location/Directions:  (courtesy of the good barony of Ponte Alto)Tysons-Pimmit
 Regional Library, 7584 Leesburg Pike, Falls Church, VA 22043. Practice
is held behind the library.  The library is on Virginia Route 7
(Leesburg Pike) between I-495 and I-66.

Take
 your best route to I-495. Get off at the exit for Route 7 East (Falls
Church). The library is on the left about 1 mile. Park in the library
lot and go down the hill to the park. Or, better, take the side road
past the library parking lot, turn left and proceed about a block and
park on the side of the park in the garden apartments parking lot.

You
 may also approach the site on I-66. Exit at Falls Church, Route 7 in
the direction of Tysons Corner, pass three lights, the library entrance
way is on the right. Proceed as above.

Future practice dates:
Sunday, January 20

Sunday, February 24
Sunday, March 24
Feel free to email me with any questions, and please cross-post to any kingdom, baronial, or household lists as appropriate.

Your servant,Joselin d'outremer, Northern Regional Warlord/Liaison