[Moo] Forwarded from His Highness - Pennsic Information

lady_esperanza at cox.net lady_esperanza at cox.net
Wed Feb 1 08:05:14 PST 2012

 From: Bryan of Sacred Stone <dammuth at roanwoulfe.com>
To: atlantia at atlantia.sca.org; announce at atlantia.sca.org;
atlantianknights at yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 7:55 PM
Subject: [Atlantia-Announce] Pennsic Information

For any who have not been to Our recent courts, here is some information about
what's going on with Pennsic this year.

The East and the Middle are allies this year against AEthelmearc and Atlantia
and whatever allies we can muster.? All four Princes are working towards having
some parity between the size of the armies.? This is far from a done deal as
lines of communication are only now being opened with the other Kingdoms and
with the various mercenary groups.? East and Middle both want to ensure that all
scenarios are handled in a workable fashion.

At this time, none of the battle scenarios are set.? Prince Bryan and Prince
Andreas are working on contacting some of the historically largest of the
remaining Allies in an effort to secure their aid.? Everyone is hoping to get
some of the largest alliances made before trying to settle all of the details
because the relative numbers will have a lot to do with what kind of scenarios
are plausible.? All four Princes are speaking regularly with each other about
how to set up each of the battles, tourneys, and other war activities to ensure
that as much fun as possible is had by all.? As can be imagined, it takes some
time for everyone to get together and more to get on the same page about any of
the details when all of the other Crowns need to be consulted before a decision
can be made.

All aspects of the War are being considered and discussed.? Heavy battles and
tourneys, rapier, combat archery, siege, archery, thrown weapons, A&S,
procession, you name it.? There will be a day of field battles, one of broken
terrain battles, one with castle battles, and one with woods.? Exactly what
scenarios, how many of them, time limits, and days are still up in the air.

We welcome feedback from anyone as to what will make this a great War from their
perspective.

Bryan
Prince