[Moo] Same Gender Corsort Proposal from SCA Announcement List

lady_esperanza at cox.net lady_esperanza at cox.net
Wed Feb 1 10:57:54 PST 2012

For those not on the SCA Announcement list:

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 22:12:08 -0500 (EST)
From: ea at sca.org
Subject: [Announcements] "Same-Gender Consort Proposal"
To: announcements at lists.sca.org

At the Oct 2011 Board meeting, in response to a formal request from An Tir and a
substantial amount of related correspondence from our membership, we committed
to crafting proposed language to allow same-gender consorts at the Crown/Coronet
List level to send out for commentary. This topic is clearly emotionally charged
for many people, whether for or against the change. We do not have clear
direction from a majority of participants based on either the Census data or the
correspondence received to date.

The Board therefore solicits commentary on the following potential language
change to its governing documents in hopes of eliciting commentary and direction
from the membership:

Current language:
Each competitor in a Royal Lists must be fighting for a consort of the opposite
gender.

Proposed Language:
Each competitor in a Royal Lists must be fighting for a consort of the opposite
gender.  Crowns may permit entry into the Royal Lists by same-gender couples.

Comments on this proposal are due by April 1, 2012.  Please use the title
"Same-Gender Consort Proposal" in the Subject line.