[Moo] SCA Inc. Lawsuit Settlement Information

Flaithri O'Cearnaigh flaithri at kandsbennett.net
Sun Feb 5 08:10:46 PST 2012

Unto the populace of the Barony of Stierbach and its Cantons

For information on the settlement, please see the official information
located at: http://sca.org/BOD/announcements/settlement.html. I encourage
each of you to read the documents fully. There are some wording differences
in the official releases that is different from what was discussed at court.
These differences are not negative, but they give a little clearer picture
of how and why the funding amounts are what they are.

Rhownen and I will be attending the meetings in each branch to answer any
questions we can. We are available by phone or email if people have
immediate concerns. We will be sticking to the information in the FAQ, press
release and any other formal communications we receive from the Kingdom or
SCA Inc.

The settlement amount required for the Kingdom of Atlantia including her
subsidiary branches (this includes Stierbach and her Cantons) will be
covered by the Kingdom from the Kingdom funds. The Kingdom is not going to
ask any of the branches to contribute to the payment of the settlement
obligations. The Kingdom is however asking for help in funding the operating
expenses for the next year. Her Excellency and I are in communication with
our Seneschals and Exchequers regarding our options for helping the Kingdom
with its operating expenses in accordance with the branches financial
policies. In addition, private donations can be made and should be sent to
the Exchequer for Kingdom of Altantia, Mistress Anne of Carthew
(exchequer at atlantia.sca.org). Donations sent to the SCA Inc. will not reduce
the liability of the Kingdom itself.

Yours in Service,

Flaithri and Rhonwen