[Moo] Your Barony needs you!!!

lady_esperanza at cox.net lady_esperanza at cox.net
Tue Feb 28 08:45:48 PST 2012

Are you planning on attending Pennsic for 2 weeks? Are you camping with
the Barony? The Barony is in need of a Pennsic land agent. The Land
agent responsible for: Negotiating for the Barony Land with others on
the Block, Roping off the entire encampment perimeter, be available to
discuss problems, situations, and other land-related issues with the
Land Staff. They are also responsible for the camp design (making sure
all the tents fit), shower and kitchen setup and getting all needed
equipment to camp. Some equipment is here and some is in the Pennsic
storage locker. You might think this sounds like a daunting task but
those that have had the position before can answer questions and
reassure you that it is a totally manageable process, there is even a
helpful book that comes with the position.

The Barony is also in need of an Autocrat for Holiday Faire 2012. The
Prince William Fairgrounds site has already been approved so those
interested in Autocrating would not need to find a site. The Autocrat
would just need to select their staff to help run the event. Previous
Autocrats, I'm sure would not have an issue discussing this event with
anyone interested in Autocrating and neither would I.

As Baronial Birthday and Investiture is approaching fast, it is not to
early for the Barony to get bids for Baronial Birthday 2013. I know it
probably seems early but with the new rule of NO EVENTS can conflict
within 150 miles the Kingdom Calendar fills fast! Groups are starting to
Spike their events soon after the previous one concluded. Events can be
Spiked a year out. If we would like to have Baronial Birthday 2013 in
June we need to act soon after Baronial Birthday and Investiture this
year.

The same can be said for Holiday Faire 2013. If we are interested in
have Holiday Faire at a different location in 2013 we need to start
looking at new sites soon, if not already. As stated above it is never
too soon to start planning an upcoming event. I would like to have
Holiday Faire 2013 Spiked as soon after Holiday Faire 2012 so that we
can make sure not to lose our date on the calendar.

If you have questions regarding these positions or If you are interested
in helping your Barony as Land Agent or as an Autocrat for an upcoming
event please contact me.

Thank you,

Lady Esperanza Susanna Flecha
Seneschal