[Moo] Scientific Instrument Day on Artisan's Row

Denise McMahon gerkeeper at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 09:55:47 PST 2012

I was delighted to find out from the Dean that you are heading this up.
 Artisans Row is a great deal of fun.

Let me know what you might need.

Rowan
Deputy to the Dean of Artisans Row

On Jan 21, 2012, at 12:02 PM, Richard Wymarc <rwymarc at gmail.com> wrote:

  Scientific Instrument Day on Artisan's Row

For those of us that like to put the science into Arts and Sciences,
Artisan's Row at Pennsic this year will have a day devoted to scientific
instruments and tools.

I have been asked by the Artisan's Row Dean to organize a day devoted to
the tools and instruments of the sciences. I am looking for like-minded
artists and artisans who are involved in making and using such tools to
spend a few hours displaying their work and sharing their knowledge. I'm
being very broad in my definition of both science and tool here: For
example, someone willing to demonstrate medieval methods of casting
astrological natal charts would be welcome.

So, If your interest is in the scientific tools and instrumentation of the
period, be it navigation, timekeeping, surveying, alchemical glassware,
weights and measures, astronomical, etc. Please get in touch with me.

Please repost to any discussion lists you think might be interested.

Master Richard Wymarc
wymarc at hotmail.com