[Moo] Demo Tuesday July 10th at the Bull Run Library in Manassas

lady_esperanza at cox.net lady_esperanza at cox.net
Thu Jul 5 10:37:34 PDT 2012

The Barony is doing a Demo Tuesday July 10th at the Bull Run Library in Manassas at 7:00pm - 8:30pm. Setup at 6:30pm.  This demo draws mainly those 12 to 17 years of age and there are already 8 kids signed up.

At this Demo the Barony had planned to do dancing, if we can get a few people to lead the children in dances. We had a few volunteer to do this early on. I know Lady Helena can no longer attend the demo so hopefully we will still have a few that can lead with the dancing and bring music.

We had also planned on having the children make 12 man morris games and 9 man morris games and teaching them how to play. Myself and Mors have been making game boards for the children to paint. I know that Mistress Blitha knows how to play.

There can also be fighting at the demo so bring your gear. As long as there is a marshal we can have rapier fighting and heavy fighting.

Baron Mors will be bringing savory, toast and cheese for the children and Mistress Blitha will be bringing stuffed dates for the children as we were asked to bring a snack of the period. I will plan to bring plates and silverware for the children. There is a kitchen on site we can use to get water to the fighters and ourselves.

People are welcome to bring other things for display but we were asked first and formost that this be an interactive demo and have the children be involved in something with us.

The library is at 8051 Ashton Avenue in Manassas: (link below for directions.)

http://maps.google.com/maps?rlz=1T4ADBF_enUS261US262&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=Bull+Run+Library&fb=1&gl=us&hq=Library&hnear=0x89b65d017e48346b:0x5aca5e2907e6ccf1,Bull+Run,+VA&sa=X&ei=iMr1T5aOMvO80AG01PXRBg&ved=0CKMBELYD&oi=local_group&ct=image&iwloc=cids:8538866089957342874

Please let me know if you can help the Barony by attending this Demo.

Baroness Esperanza