[Moo] upcoming A&S activities at Sudentorre

Barbara Miller blithaofwolfhou at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 21 12:04:51 PDT 2012

Greetings all!

Last night we sat down and worked on a schedule of upcoming A&S activities to be held from 7-9ish pm on Tuesday evenings at the CCC (on Dandridge St... see the Canton website if you need directions  http://sudentorre.atlantia.sca.org/locations.php) Upcoming activities include:

Tuesday, March 27 -- Getting ready for Defending the Gate (have you made your reservations yet?). There may be such fun social activities such as stringing tokens!

Tuesday, April 3 -- Bardic singing, story telling, and instrumental music.

Don't for get Defending the Gate on the saturday of Easter Weekend at Izzac Walton League in Spotsylvania Co... see the website for details! http://sudentorre.atlantia.sca.org/event_DTG11.php

Tuesday, April 10 -- Business meeting. Come help with planning what we are doing in the Canton!

Tuesday, April 17 -- Embroidery. Come learn some embroidery techniques as we work on a special fun  project... (sorry, can't tell you what the project is over this bandwidth because it is a secret, so come and help, and we will explain it all)

Tuesday, April 24 -- Fingerloop Braiding!

Tuesday, May 1 -- Dancing!

Sunday, May 6 -- Celebration and Recognition of all the graduates! (let me know if you are graduating, and we will rejoice with you!)

Tuesday, May 8 -- Business Meeting

Don't forget the Royal Archery Championship Event held at the Southern Heritage Farm in Fauquier Co, just off of Rt 17, just east of Bealton.... see the website:   http://sudentorre.atlantia.sca.org/event_ARAC.php

Tuesday, May 15 -- Beaded Embroidery!

Tuesday, June 19 --Kumihimo!

And that is as far as we scheduled ahead.  We did brainstorm other classes that we would like to hold and learn from. They include:
Inkle weaving, card weaving, netting, sprang, making gourd water bottles, basket making, making leather covered bottles, Oslo stitch naalbinding, Roman dolls of clay, basics of clay pots, middle eastern dancing and drumming, cooking dishes or sauces, how medieval feasts were done in period, calligraphy, illumination, chain knitting techniques for making necklaces, leather turn shoes, sun dials, and board boxes....

Are there topics that you would like to learn? Are there topics that you have discovered and would like to teach? Let Marsali, Anastasia or Blitha know.