[Moo] Dog Mart on Sept 28

Barbara Miller blithaofwolfhou at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 5 07:16:01 PDT 2013

Greetings all,

The Isaac Walton League is again running the Dog Mart (the oldest continually running dog event in the County!). In the past, we have helped our good friends while it was hosted at their site (our Defending the Gate Site), at the Fredericksburg Fairgrounds, and downtown in Fredericksburg.

This year, the Dog Mart will be at their site on 12400 Herndon Rd. on Saturday, Sept 28, from 10am- 5pm. The website with information is at http://www.fredericksburgdogmart.com

Greg Raines, President of the IWL has once again extended an invitation to do a Demo at the Annual Dog Mart.
Greg is asking if we would participate in the opening ceremonies in garb with the local Native American Indian Tribe—like we have done over the last couple of years.

He is also hoping that we could put on a display/activity at the event. I have a display worth of info, dogs in the middle ages coloring sheets, and dog cutouts to put on an informative display on Dogs in the Middle Ages. All that we would need for that is spiffy people, a pop up or period tent, and a table or 2. If we wish to have heavy and rapier demos also, we can do so. We just need to decide if we wish so, and let the Isaac Walton League know so they can arrange us with the needed space! There is an archery demo by the Manahoac Bowmem, so it may be worth an ask if we can have a Medieval Archery and Atlatl demo too...

They need to know very soon if we are able to do the Opening Ceremonies (reinactment of the selling of dogs to the local Potowamak or other indian tribe). They wish guys in late Elizabethian garb for the reinactment, so guys, if you want to do so, I have loaner Elizabethian, or we still have time to help sew up some! Also, we need to ask Very Soon if we want to do rapier, heavy, and if we can share time with the archey demo adding medieval archery and atlatl!!!!

Allen and I are willing and able to come do this Demo. We are thinking of using our tent, so we have 20'x20' of shade, and it looks spiff. I will bring 2 tables and table cloths for display space, and a few chairs. Who else has interest in coming and doing? Are you interested also? Please let me know, and I will coordinate unless someone else wishes to do so...

-Blitha