[Moo] FW: Seeking Volunteers and Supply Donations for Know World Children's Fete - Pennsic 42

Rhonwen verch Tuder rhonwen at kandsbennett.net
Tue Jul 9 15:32:51 PDT 2013

You are going to hear me again… just because the fete is awesome and we always need help.  If you don’t want to help at my or Flaithri’s activities please consider taking a turn at check-in with Cairistiona, spend an hour helping with security, break-down/clean up, or anything else.

Volunteers have to wear a badge, so make sure you read to the bottom on how to sign up ahead of time if possible.  The more Lady Jacintha can make ahead of time the better.

Spread the word!! :)

~Rhonwen

Greetings! (please cross post this missive)

We are seeking the help of volunteers with this years Known World Children's Fete at Pennsic. The Fete will be on July 31, 2013 from 1:00pm to 4:00pm at the Great Hall. Can you sing a song, dance a jig, paint a face, smile and laugh a lot, color a picture, have fun or any sort of other activities? Then we could use you.

We are truly in need of individuals or groups that can offer their time to run and/or sponsor activities (arts and crafts, games, dancing, supplies, prizes, etc.). Some of the popular activities are:

• Face painting
• Fighters for foam sword play
• Storytellers
• Jugglers
• Puppeteers

We are also looking for volunteers to:

• Assist with the sign-in for the children.
• Persons to help endure the other volunteers are getting water and other refreshments
• Fete security to ensure registration/sign-in and safety.
• Assistance with set-up and/or break-down. (To assist with set-up, please be at the Fete by noon)

For supplies, we are in the need of:
· Facepaint
· Foam swords
· Paper towels
· Dixie Cups

You do not have to be there for the entire 3 hours... but any help you may offer would be greatly appreciated. The Fete is great fun. If you want action and excitement, this is the place for you!

If you cannot physically volunteer at the Fete but you, your household, local group, Barony or kingdom would still like to help in some way... maybe sponsoring an activity will be the best way for you to assist us in having a wonderful Fete.

Please continue to encourage and promote participation in the Children's Fete! If you will be at Pennsic, but you had not previously volunteered with the Children's Fete this year, we are asking you to please reconsider.

Thank you for your time, effort and consideration in this matter and the fete as a whole! Please contact me offline if you are interested in volunteering or sponsoring and activity you may contact me. Herrin Emeludt Hansler, at eme.hansler at gmail.com<mailto:eme.hansler%40gmail.com>

THL Aine will be the Fete Coordinator on site, she may be reached at: youth at atlantia.sca.org<mailto:youth%40atlantia.sca.org> and Duchess Brianna is the Sponsoring Rose, she may be reached at: brianna at roanwoulfe.com<mailto:brianna%40roanwoulfe.com>

At Pennsic you may leave a message for THL Aine or Duchess Brianna at the Barony of Sacred Stone, Kingdom of Atlantia encampment.

THL Jacintha is assisting with coordinating all volunteers, she may be reached at: jacintha74 at gmail.com<mailto:jacintha74%40gmail.com>

At Pennsic you may leave a message for THL Jacintha at the Barony of Higland Foorde, Kingdom of Atlantia encampment.

 --
Always Yours in Service,

Herrin Emeludt Hänsler (mka Emmie Smith)
Southern Regional Deputy Chatelain, Kingdom of Atlantia
Head Retainer, Their Excellencies of Windmasters’ Hill