[Moo] Bardic Challenge

Pati Dunn neopkwaii28 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 13:40:42 PDT 2013

 Bards of our fair lands; I issue you all a challenge to Know Your
Audience!   It is important to know what to sing at the right time...to
whom as well.  You're not going to sing that documentable period song that
requires a harpsicord accompaniment around a campfire (I've tried, it
fails!)!  A true Bard (in the period sense of the word) had the ability
(and was counted on) to excite men into battle, as well as walk out onto a
field of active battle and calm all whom are in attendence so no more blood
was shed that day.  This was (is?) the power of a period Bard.

As such, my challenge to you all is to Know Your Audience!  The final round
of the Stierbach's Bardic Challenge will be a concert for Their
Excellencies, as well as Their Majesties and Their Highnesses, should they
choose to attend.  Tailor your performance to them.  Sing of their
greatness, recite their great and noble lineage, sing a Spanish song
(period?) for Her Excellency's pleasure, tell of a great battle where you,
as an archer slew many a foe and were the turning point for the war!
Juggle, even play the fool (in the period sense...), for a Bard in our
society encompases so much more than it did in period.  Embrace it!

First round will (hopefully) be in the morning (depending on timing and
participants, may be 1-2 pieces, could be your final round piece, could not
be: the first round is for your audience's pleasure).  Around lunchtime, I
am planning to touch base with all performers and let them know if they
will be advancing to the final round-the performance for Their Excellencies.

I hope all of you whom have performed by a campfire take up this
challenge.  Add a new piece to your repertoire, perform an old
favorite....just know to whom you are performing!

Bon Chances, et en Service;
~Adrianna~
Stierbach Baronial Bard