[Moo] upcoming activities within the Canton of Sudentorre

Barbara Miller blithaofwolfhou at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 5 13:52:40 PST 2013

Greetings all!

Just updating your schedules and opportunities for fun activities in our area...

Mondays are our regular scheduled rapier practices at the 1st Presbyterian Church in Fredericksburg.
Tuesdays are our regular scheduled activities at the CCC on Dandridge in Fredericksburg.
	* tonight (the 1st tues of the month) is dance practice

	* Nov 12 (the 2nd tues of the month) is the general planning and business meeting

	* Nov 19 (the 3rd tues of the month) is SCA 101!  All come learn a bit of SCA history, etticuit, what to expect at an Event, and other useful stuff. Baroness Rhonwen is teaching the newer folks and refreshing us older folks.

	* Nov 26 (the 4th/last tuesday of the month) is dance practice (maybe some middle eastern dance and drumming?)
	* Dec 3 (the 1st tues of the month) is dance practice
	* Dec 10 (the 2nd tues of the month) is the general planning and business meeting
	* Dec 17 (the 3rd tues of the month) will be a potluck, cookie exchange, and fun evening of Christmas related crafts
	* Dec 24 we will not be meeting at the CCC, but we could be wrapping presents somewhere... so be looking for details to come!
	* Dec 31 we also will not be at the CCC, but since it is new year's eve followed by the new year of 2014, there will be a party at House Wolfhou both of these 2 days (all day, both days). And fireworks at the stroke of midnight!
	* Jan 7 (the 1st tues of the month) is dance practice... last chance to brush up on the dances to be danced at Atlantian 12th night!
	* Jan 14 (the 2nd tues of the month) is the general planning and business meeting
Sundaysin the morning is Scriptorium (drawing, illuminating, and calligraphy) at Lady Miriel's House de Needham
Sunday afternoons (2:30ish to 8ish) is Archery, Atlatl, and thrown weapons practice... also mad patterning and sewing... at House Wolfhou

Saturday Nov 23 is Holiday Faire in Manassas: http://acorn.atlantia.sca.org/event_flyer.php?event_id=910af412  and for more info and the merchant list: http://www.grimmsfield.com/HolidayFaire.html
There will be a Newcomer's Tour of the Site and it's activities starting at 10:30, near Troll (where you sign into the Event)

Saturday Nov 30 will be a sewing day at the CCC on Dandridge St ! Come sew, get help patterning and fitting... We have space for laying out fabric, cutting and sewing.  This should help all who are starting garb projects, or working on Ottoman garb for 12th Night!

Saturday Jan 11 is Atlantian 12th Night in Washington DC... http://acorn.atlantia.sca.org/event_flyer.php?event_id=2f5db391   and   http://twelfthnight.atlantia.sca.org/   will give you more info!

So I invite and encourage all to put these activities on your callendars, and we will see you then!
Directions and full addresses are on the sudentorre website:  http://sudentorre.atlantia.sca.org/locations.php

Yours in Service,
Blitha