[Moo] Gift Basket for Their Royal Majesties

Logan Logan at ebonwoulfe.com
Wed Nov 20 20:15:12 PST 2013

great questions.  every answer from every monarch will vary.

is there a tradition?  sure there always is.  sometimes they are made up on
the spot.  sometimes they actually have been around for years.  are they all
right?  eh.  are they all made up? eh.  it is always safe to give a gift
with a note saying "do what you will with this thing".  that gives everyone
a hall pass and that is a good thing.

would i personally keep a large stuffed red and white steer?  sure,  if
addison liked it or if it added to my love of this barony more than i
already feel.  the best thing is to look at the gift and decide how you feel
about it.  is it something you would be hurt to see them give away?  if so,
why?  if yes can you find a way they can do so without it being a negative?
for example someone once gave me some rosary beads.  they were a beautiful
gift and were given with love and adoration.  as an atheist i found the
material gift to be, well, silly as i do not believe in the supernatural.
but the lady that gave them to me did and i wasnt inclined to debate her
faith with fact.  ive kept them for years and they are important to me.  i
will certainly gift them to someone for the "right" reason.  until then i
will keep them and recall the moment with fondness.

so my answer would be to always give gifts as gifts.  and so long as you are
inclined to mention that the recipient is encouraged to keep them as much as
gift them you should be fine.  if it is something you expect the recipient
to accept and agree to sleep with under their pillow i would recommend some
professional psychiatric help.  thats just crazy talk!!

;^P

regards
logan

"I never did give them hell. I just told the truth, and they thought it was
hell."
Harry S Truman
"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his
vengeance need not be feared"
Niccolo Machiavelli
For your SCA combat needs please visit:
www.ebonwoulfe.com/armory.htm

www.ebonwoulfe.com <http://www.ebonwoulfe.com/>

For worldwide listings of fighter practices please visit:
www.fighterpractice.com