[Moo] thanks for Dog Mart help!

Barbara Miller blithaofwolfhou at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 1 12:09:54 PDT 2013

I wish to thank all who came and helped at the Dog Mart at the Izaak Walton League this past saturday! The weather behaved lovely, and there were many people attending. We exposed many to sights of rapier fighting, archery and atlatl. We educated many on the kinds of dogs in the Middle Ages, and how they were used, kept, and trained. There was kumihimo, embroidery, and drop spindling to further the experience. The youth seemed to like the coloring sheets of dogs redrawn from some of the hunting tapestries and from Gaston Phoebus's Book of the Hunt, and from Aesops Fables. We were of sufficient numbers to man the tent and activity, and to wander around and be visable. Greg Rains (the president) and other Izaak Walton folks were very appreciative of our help with the opening ceremonies, along with Rising Pheonix and several Boy Scouts in the Order of the Arrow. My supply of brochures and cards were greatly depleted. And, this past Rapier practice on
 Monday night, 1 (+ a boyfriend) who were introduced to us at the Dog Mart were at practice to start learning!

My personal thanks goes out to: Baron Mors, Baroness Esperanza, Ii, Anastasia, Monty (who's SCA name I keep forgetting... starts with a U or W), and Elaine (whom I forget her SCA name also... I will learn eventually), Leah, Rich, Marsali, John the Brewer, Genef, Wulf, Lex, Amelia, and Allen!!!

Lets do this next year too! Need ideas to make a more interesting interactive display (maybe questions with doors to open for the answers?)
YIS, Blitha

 pictures: http://fredericksburg.com/News/Web/2013/092013/0928dogmart?qstart=6