[Moo] Unevent Site Search Continues

Amie Sparrow troenwolf at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 9 08:04:52 PST 2014

Hi Folks,

Someone asked about this information last night at the Baronial Business meeting so I thought I would post it to the general list for anyone who is interested.

have contacted the following sites for Unevent 2014:

·
St. Timothy's in Herndon, VA => Their space
is already booked with support group meetings

·
Linton Hall Benedictine Elementary School in
Bristow (Manassas) => Don’t rent (wasn’t sure if it was to us or to anybody)

·
Bull Run Unitarian Universalist Church in
Manassas => Abe did a site visit and they don’t have the space

·
Germanna College => Don’t have the space. They have classrooms but don't rent them out. They have a convention facility but that's big spaces without wall dividers.

·
Northern Virginia Community College (NOVA) =>
Distinct possibility

 I talked
to NOVA in December focusing on the Loudoun campus in Sterling, VA. The details
are below.

Classrooms

Their non-profit rate for classroom rentals is $15/hr. That's $120 per
classroom (assuming an 8 hr day).

For 10 classrooms that's $1650 (assuming an 8-hr day).

Please note that we don't have to rent classrooms in an
8-hr block. We can truly rent them by the hour. If we need a classroom for 4
hours, we could rent for 4 hours. Or just 1 hour for that matter.

Also, we can use the AV in every room. All we have to do
is bring our own laptops but we can plug them in to the projectors in every
room.

Auditorium

They have a 230-person auditorium for $150/hr with a minimum of 3 hours rental
(total = $450).

Parking

They add on another 30% of your total rental fee for parking (in this case
$495).  To my knowledge, this includes
handicapped parking and access.

Total Estimate

So, the estimate to have the event at the site is $2145.00.

To put that into perspective, Sara mentioned that the Massaponax HS quote for
other events was twice that amount.

Perhaps
we could split it with another barony? We would save so many people a trip down
south that I think it would be worth it to one or more baronies to chip in.

The other issue is that the facilities person could not nail down a definite
yes until June when they finalize their schedule for fall. However, since we
would want the site on a weekend, he said he may be able to work with us.
I will keep looking around for sites but frankly, any place up in this metro area is not going to be cheap.

Amie