[Moo] Defending the Gate Thankyous!

M moliver16 at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 30 16:09:20 PDT 2014

I want to
thank you all for a great time yesterday.  It was a little soggy but,
from what I have heard so far, some fun was still to be had!

I wish to
thank my field steward Baroness Cairistiona and my autocrat in
training Caradawc for working tirelessly throughout the day to keep
things running smoothly.

I wish to
thank the entire De Nedham family for, as always, being the best
gate-keepers in the Canton.  Thanks for keeping the books straight!

I wish to
thank all the marshals including Lord Terasu, Sir Ragnarr Ribcracker,
Lord Oswin, Maestro Dante, Lord Godai, and Lady Kastumi for keeping
things fun and safe in challenging conditions.

I wish to
thank our MOL, Lady Sara van Eerde for arranging her staff and doing
paperwork in the rain.

I wish to
thank my husband, Hier Wulff, for organizing the parking of cars and
the flow of traffic.  That was a HUGE job and he did it on only a few
hours sleep.  Ich
liebe dich!

Lady Marsaili
coordinated a wonderful A&S display.  Mistress Blitha tended her
group of new-comers as only our Chatalaine can!  Lord Erich saw to
the only reported injury of the day: a hurt finger.  Baroness Wynne
kept our children dry and entertained in the afternoon.  Our site
herald, Lady Diedre O'Bardon, kept us all informed of the schedule
changes.  Lord Allen auctioned off our college-age servers much to
our amusement.  Lady
Aime Sparrow and Lord Grimm did a fine job keeping the autocrat sane!
 I thank them all :)

I wish to
thank Lady Anastasia who served a yummy lunch and Lady Heloise and
her staff who provided us with a tasty feast.

I wish to
thank Baron Mors and Baroness Esperanza for everything they do to
make these events possible from storage locker runs to gate
construction to driving me home at the end of the day.  You both work
so hard to make sure this event is successful every year.

I also wish to
thank their Majesties and their Highnesses for attending.  Lord
Saphir worked hard to make your stay pleasant.  We hope you enjoyed
the day.

Last, I wish
to thank all the gentles who lent a hand yesterday from pushing cars
through the mud to taking down a tent, or packing up archery targets.
 There are so many tasks big and small that go into putting an event
like this together and it so much more fun for everyone involved when
you lend a hand.

Thank you!

YIS, Genefa

In addition, I
wish to thank my “Surprise Sunday” Clean up Crew who came out
with no notice at all to help take down tents in a cold, rainy
wind,clean the hall, and watch my kids:  Baroness Cairistiona, Baron
Mors, Baroness Esperanza, Lady Anastasia, Lord Oswin, Lord Caradawc
and Lady Collette.  You guys are the BEST!