[Moo] Chalice of the Sun God - Stierbachers needed!!!

lady_esperanza at cox.net lady_esperanza at cox.net
Wed Sep 24 17:00:00 PDT 2014

Stierbachers are needed to defend the Chalice for the upcoming Chalice of the Sun God event October 25th in Ponte Alto.

All can compete in individual disciplines and as part of a team. Teams must field a single participant in 4 of the 5 Chalice disciplines. A team may include up to 3 Youth participants.

We will need archers, A&S entries, rapier fighters and armored fighters and bardic performers.

A&S: Astraeus, the Titan god of stars and planets, and the art of astrology, is the inspiration for A&S projects. The display will be on the first floor in Sykes Hall.  Contact Master Marcellus Capoziello da Napoli at afpopa[AT]yahoo.com with any questions.

Bardic/Performance: Mnemosyne, the personification of memory or remembrance, will inspire the performers. She represented the rote memorization required, before the introduction of writing, to preserve the stories of history and sagas of myth. It is said that Kings and Poets receive their powers of authoritative speech from her.  Competition will take place upstairs in Sykes Hall at 11:00.

Each participant shall receive points for participation and performance (extra points are awarded for youth participation!). The team with the highest score will be declared the winner of the Chalice of the Sun God. Please see the “Team Competition Rules” link on the event website for more information about this part of the competition. Website:  http://pontealto.atlantia.sca.org/events/chalice.php

The Theme this year is the Titans and they have chosen one Titan to inspire competitors in each discipline.

Please let me know if you would like to represent Stierbach on one of our teams.

Baroness Esperanza Susanna Flecha