[Moo] Baronage Thanks You for Defending the Gate

lady_esperanza at cox.net lady_esperanza at cox.net
Mon Mar 28 14:25:33 PDT 2016

We would like to personally thank all those that helped haul items to the Defending the Gate event, helped with set up of the event, built the gate, put up list fences, set up archery targets, set up tentage and started pre-cooking feast and set up the hall. All those that were able to help with all that needed to be done on Friday, before the event started. The Friday crew included Sir Ragnar, Mistress Katlin, Lord John, Lady Frueg, Lord Wulff, Lord Oswin, Lady Alfdis, Lord Toshi, Lord Ranulph, Lord Alan, Lord Terasu, Lord Bertran, Lord Sig and Lord Jasper, M'Lady Alexandria, M’Lady Mauve, M'Lord Joe, we salute you!

We would also like to personally thank the many staff positions, Lord James for MIC and Armored, Master Dante for Rapier, Lady Alfdis with Archery and Lord Godai for Combat Archery, Lady Marsali with A&S and of course The De Nedham Family for our wonderful troll staff, Lord Wulff for parking, Baroness Cairistiona and her helpers for water bearing, The Stierbach's Cook Guild for a great lunch, Headed by Lady Heloise, those that cooked our sumptuous feast, Lord Bertran, Lord Sig and Lord Jasper and their staff. No, I did not forget Mistress Ceridwen, Lady Sara and their staff for running MOL. Mistress Blitha for helping our New Comers and being a wonderful Chatelaine for the Canton, Also Lady Anastassia as our Royalty Liaison and helping set up the hall and also court, Lord Ulfarr for Heralding for us, M'lady Jacque for retaining for us (who has an SCA name that is escaping me right now.) Lord James for also retaining for us and excepting the position of the Stierbach Armored fighting Champion, Lord Allen for auctioning servers to the dinner tables, Baroness Cairostiona for serving and of course the other servers from Mary Washington. We would also like to thank those that entertained us during feast, Headed up by Lady Helena and her many dancers and Lord Allen for making cloaks, one of which was handed out at dinner. Also a thank you to those that retained for Their Majesties and Her Highness.

We would be remiss without also thanking those that helped with teared down of the event. Took down the gate, took down all the tentage, the list fields, the archery targets, loading items, cleaned the hall, cleaned dishes, pots and pans, and made sure that site was left clean and tidy, as is our tradition.

We, Thank you Lord Caradwc for Autocrating yet another successful Defending the Gate event. Everyone loved the new site! We even managed to have great weather!

On a personal note I would like to thank Lady Genefe, Lady Anastasiia and Lady Amie for helping me personally. Often at events their first question to me is what can I do to help you and I so appreciate that.

Baroness Esperanza
(For anyone I missed I am so sorry. I double and triple thank you.)