[Moo] Bellydancing notice!

Crystal Thurber palfi.jozsa at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 19:38:43 PDT 2016

Do you love to dance?  Do you shake it when no one is watching?  Do you
want to get your core into better shape?  If you said “yes” to any of the
above questions, you should come to Jozsa’s beginning bellydance class!

*Who: *Anybody! I have seen marvelous dancers who were very young, very
old, male, female, curvy, slender, and any body shape, fitness level, and
dance experience level you can imagine.  Everyone can learn!

*“But Jozsa, I have arthritis/spinal injuries/a bad back/bad knees etc.”*

No problem! As a special educator by trade, I am used to finding ways to
accommodate the needs of my students.  I will have chairs set up for those
with issues standing and/or balance.  I will work with you to find some
moves that you can practice.  Trust me, I get a LOT of bellydance practice
while sitting in rush hour traffic!

*“But Jozsa, I don’t want people to watch me/I have body image issues.”*

That is why I am strictly enforcing the following: *No one* may come and
“just watch”.  *This is for the comfort and safety of all dancers. *Please
respect this rule; this is not the occasion to bring your A&S project and
“chill”.  If you come, I will expect you to either pick up a drum or
practice some of the moves.  Exceptions will be made for children under 12
and a caretaker of said children (if they need it).

*When: Tuesday, September 13.  *Show up any time between 7:00 (1900) and
9:00 (2100).

NOTE: Depending on level of interest, this may or may not be added as a
regular class.  I will of course meet with our A&S minister and our dance
mistress to plan future classes if there is sufficient interest.

*Where: *Campus Christian Community (CCC) on the Mary Washington campus.
http://sudentorre.atlantia.sca.org/jmla/index.php/activities/locations

*What to bring/wear: *Wear something that you can comfortably move in.  If
you happen to have fluffy skirts and/or poofy pants, great!  If you also
happen to have access to a shawl, scarf, or something to tie around your
waist, bring that too.  Wear a full costume, if you like.  Or don’t. Just
be comfortable!  I will have some fun things to share, but I don’t have
enough for everyone.

*“I don’t want to dance, but I think I would like to drum.  Can I still
come?”  *Yes! A couple of drummers said that they were interested, so the
more the merrier.

Contact me at palfi (dot) jozsa (at) gmail (dot) com or at (703) 209-0140
(cell) or at (703) 670-9514 (home) if you have other questions or concerns.

In Service,
Lady Palfi Jozsa (call me Jozsa)
MKA Crystal Thurber