[Moo] More info on the Mead Class

Failenn Chu ingen ui Fhaelain Cherocelt at live.com
Sat Apr 14 18:46:32 PDT 2018

From the teacher:

As we are a week out from the brew day, I thought I’d clarify a few items and answer any questions. I’ll be bringing along all of the equipment to actually brew on Saturday. What I need to know from the hosts is do you prefer us brew outside, if the weather is nice, or on the stovetop? If we brew outside, I’d need to borrow someone’s turkey fryer and propane. (I brew on the stovetop at home).

Alex Thompson<https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010783470864&fref=mentions> has agreed to babysit the fermenter(s) and airlocks. They become you’ll property once we’ve competed the mead making classes. Karl has agreed to rack the mead (siphon alcohol off lees) in a month or so, at his and Alex’s leisure. Approximately, 4-5 months after primary fermentation. I’ll return and we’ll have to schedule another class to bottle the final product. The exact date will somewhat depend on the speed at which the mead completely ferments.

Now, for the most important question everyone wants to know - how much. The approximate cost of 1 gallon of mead is $13.00. That includes the honey, yeast, and communal fermenter and airlock. They’ll be an additional cost at the final class for bottles and synthetic corks. Everyone should get 3-4 750 ml bottles depending on how well we rack it.

For everyone attending, I need to know who wants to buy into the final product and who is coming to simply learn. If we have more than 5 participants we can make a second batch with extra “shares” to buy in. Please let me know no later than Thursday, May 19th, so I can buy the ingredients at Maryland Homebrew.

I’ll be bringing two bottles of Orange Blossom Semi-Sweet Traditional Mead the I brewed last September for sampling. [https://static.xx.fbcdn.net/images/emoji.php/v9/f83/1/16/1f60e.png] 😎

Yours in Service,

Lady Failenn
MoAS Stierbach