[Moo] Meal plans for Pennsic - NOTE, THERE ARE SOME CHANGES IN PLANNING

Barbara Miller blithaofwolfhou at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 3 10:37:24 PDT 2018

Greetings all!To help our busy B&B, and to help the Pennsic Baronial Encampment, I have volunteered to Co-ordinate the supper meal plan, and a breakfast mealplan for at Pennsic. I need your help and inputs.
1. I need to know who wishes to be in the supper meal plan, and who wishes to be on the breakfast meal plan. (and that includes a response that no, you do not wish to be on a meal plan)
These are 2 separate plans, so if you are needing breakfast, but plan on being out all day and evening, you may only wish to be on the breakfast plan. And if you wish to sleep in late in the mornings, but will be back in camp by supper (6pm), you may wish to only be on the supper mealplan. And if you wish to eat breakfasts and suppers, you may choose to be on both plans.
2. I need to know when you are coming in, and when you are leaving.
This gives us a rough head count per meals. Already I am noticing several who will only be in camp during the 1st week, and several who will only be in camp during the 2nd week. It also allows me to better group people into cook teams for the different meals. If you are only in camp for 1 week (first or second), you should only be cooking/helping/on a team for 1 meal (a breakfast if only on the breakfast mealplan, a supper if only on the supper mealplan, and a breakfast and a supper if you are on both breakfast and supper mealplans.  And likewise, you should be on a cooking/helping/team twice if you are living in camp for 2 weeks (and again, that is 2 breakfasts, 2 suppers per plan)
3. I need to know any allergies and dietary concerns there are among those eating on the plans.This gives the teams planning a meal the chance to make sure all on that plan can have a nutricious meal that will not react funny in their bodies and mess up their Pennsic. It is soooo much easier to plan a meal, or know to set certain elements of the food aside separate so all can eat!Already I know of 3 vegitarians, 3 glutten free, and allergies to soy, milk, cucumbers, tomatoes,  peppers, hot spice, eggplant, apples, cilantro, kiwi, and artifecial sugars
4. Are there any particular groupings or teams that already know they want to work together?If you want to work with certain people, and have already been planning, I do not want to break up your progress! Also, we have some kinder in camp, and they will be put on a team. So if you have a kinder, and wish the little one to be with you, let me know. The little ones can still help a cook team, and start their learning process in the kitchen and serving others and cleaning up! If it does not matter to you, I will try to make cook teams with a balance of good cooks and those learning, and a balance of adults and kinder.
If you are unfamiliar with how we have done the meal plans in the past, here is some info:
Participants in a plan are grouped into cook teams. Each team will plan what they wish to cook on their meal day for the entire group of meal plan partakers, buy the food, cook it, serve it, and clean up afterwards. Your team divides the labor and the costs of the meal.  I try to place at least one cook I feel comfortable whom can plan and lead a meal in each group. And if you need help planning, or thinking of quantities, or thinking of cook methods, please contact me!!
Our B&B would like more period meals/dishes, but that is not an absolute requirement. If a cook team wishes to try their hand at a period dish or whole meal, but does not know where to start, I can try to help you, and offer some direction to period recipe sources. We should have the fire pit, and a spit and grill to go over the fire. We have 2 -3 burner propane stove eyes to work with. In the Baronial kitchen there are a few med size skillets, a spaghetti pot, and trays for cooking and serving. I am bringing a stock pot and a larger iron skillet. If your meal needs something specific, you may wish to bring your cook utensil or ask if someone else is bringing it...
Breakfasts should be on the table about 7:30am, to allow the fighters to have some digestion time before they are out the gate to the fighting fields, and to allow those taking classes to be out the door for 9am classes.Suppers should be on the table about 6pm, to allow for folks to eat before heading out for evening activities.
It looks like we will have 52 people in camp for 1st, 2nd or both weeks.  Not all will be doing meal plans... so don't let the numbers scare you!
Please, I need the answers as soon as possible so planning can happen before we go to Pennsic! You can contact me directly at blithaofwolfhou at yahoo.com, or text/call me at 540-809-6404, or message me on Facebook (Barbara Stickley Miller)-I am yours in service,Blitha of Wolfhou
Here are the available days (in case you have specific days you wish to cook, or days you do not because you have something else happening that you really wish to do, and I heartily suggest you look at the Pennsic University and battle schedules ahead of time!)
Tuesday, July 31

-1st week Supper Meal plan:

Wednesday, Aug 1

-1st week Breakfast Meal plan:

-1st week Supper meal plan:

Thursday, Aug 2

-1st week Breakfast Meal plan:

-1st week Supper meal plan:

Friday, Aug 3

-1st week Breakfast Meal plan:

-1st week Supper meal plan:

Saturday, Aug 4

-2nd week Breakfast Meal plan in camp

-2nd week Supper meal plan in camp

Sunday, Aug 5

-2nd week Breakfast Meal plan in camp

-2nd week Supper meal plan in camp

Monday, Aug 6

-2nd week Breakfast Meal plan in camp

-2nd week Supper meal plan in camp

-Ice cream Social in camp – all being an item for ice creamtoppers

Tuesday, Aug 7

-2nd week Breakfast Meal plan in camp

-2nd week Supper meal plan in camp

Wednesday, Aug 8

-2nd week Breakfast Meal plan in camp

- No Supper meal plan in camp… on your own

Thursday, Aug 9

-2nd week Breakfast Meal plan in camp

-2nd week Supper meal plan in camp

Friday, Aug 10

- leftovers and on your own

-Supper on your own

-clean out fridge by evening, Clorox it, and have it ready to packaway clean and dry