[Moo] Purchase of a Baronial Pennsic Trailer

alavinus alavinus at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 16 08:26:49 PDT 2018

 I agree with this. 2 Days is not enough time to come to a decision.
What dimensions do we need for a trailer? How big is the current storage unit? What are the monthly costs?How much is trailer insurance? most personal policies only cover up to $1,500 or so in trailer damage and some disclaim it entirely.
Are we ordering the trailer? most places around here seem to generally have trailer in stock, why would need to make this decision in such a short time?
I REALLY don't like the idea of spending this money without an itemized list of expenses, including any fees added onto by the dealership.
Here are the current cooper's reg regarding trailers:
Storage Trailer Requirements

   - The trailer must have good tires, working tongue jack and ball hitch at all times.
   - The axle(s) must be in the middle of the trailer.
   - The frame must be rated heavy enough to bear the weight of the structure and the load.
   - Maximum dimensions: no wider than 8 feet (this includes eaves), no longer than 25 feet (including hitch and frame) and no higher than 12 feet from ground to peak. In summary, these measurements include everything in all directions.
   - No mobile homes or RV frames.
   - The trailer must be inspected by our staff to determine acceptance. A contract is signed if the trailer is accepted.
   - The storage fee is $150/year paid in advance (subject to change). There is a $10/month late fee.
That seems to preclude an old semi trailer.