[Moo] Re: [Watchtower] Request for list of Competitors

Telara at aol.com Telara at aol.com
Mon Mar 29 11:23:15 PST 2004

Good Gentles,

I have lurked and read the responses regarding Troll and payment and liability and honor. My concern is with "honor".

This is not the first time in recent weeks that the term "honor" has been raised. At this time, I can only say that the SCA is getting black-eyes in the area of "honor". Somehow, the mundane world's tendency to ignore the concept of honor is creeping its way into the SCA. This must be stopped.

We are a society who prizes honor, integrity, and all the elements of chivalry. As such, we cannot allow this tendency of dishonorable conduct - whether it is at Troll or on the Field. If that means checking and rechecking a few lists, or asking to see site tokens before a fighter is registered to fight - then that is what it means. If it means barring a fighter for fighting without honor, then that is also what it means.

Personally, I want to see honorable actions on the part of all of our SCA members. I have to face dishonorable people in mundane life, day after day. The SCA is my place to get away and spend time with people who understand what honor means...

Regards,
Honora