[Moo] Sudentorre to march in the Christmas Parade

Laurie Clarkston garadh at erols.com
Sun Nov 21 19:22:46 PST 2004

Sudentorre is marching in the Annual Christmas Parade in Fredericksburg, VA,
Saturday, December 4, 2004.  The parade starts at 6 pm.   If you are not going to
Unevent this year, why not join us for a bit of fun.

Fredericksburg Jaycee's uses this parade as a fundraiser (we pay an entry fee).  The parade
route is only a mile long, with one steep hill.  After the parade, we meet for a pot-luck dinner
at the Campus Christian Center (our Tuesday night meeting place).

The parade theme this year is "Favorite Christmas Story".

We have chosen, The Twelve Days of Christmas (I know, it is a song--but we found a book!!)

I am looking for :

-- Twelve lords a-leaping (archers!  Bring your bows, crossbows, arrows and quivers)
--  Eleven ladies dancing -- no experience needed.  Our very own dance mistress
               will teach you a few steps
--  Ten pipers piping -- bagpipes anyone?  Will take recorders and penny whistles too
--  nine drummers drumming -- got a drum?  bring it and make some noise
--  eight maids a-milking  -- I also need milk pails and does anyone out there have
         at least four cows that can tuck under your arms?
--  I need men and women in full armor, helms, swords and shields -- Your needed to protect
          the five gold rings  -- they are very big and shiny.  And the kids scream with sheer delight
          when they see you--truly
--  We have provided all of the birds, and the five gold rings.

The Canton is all coming out in full force but we still need more people.  Besides, being
in a parade is very fun!

I will be posting information very soon on the Sudentorre website.  http://sudentur.atlantia.sca.org/

Cairistiona