[Moo] Updated Assessment flyer

Lisa Mitchell cwymarc at comcast.net
Wed Jul 6 18:47:09 PDT 2005

Subject: [Branchseneschals] Updated Assessment flyer

Hello, all! This is the latest, revised and updated flyer for Assessment,
July 22-24. Please pass this on your populaces as swiftly as possible?
Thanks,
Anne Balfour
Seneschale
Black Diamond

The King's Assessment of His Armies

Buena Vista, VA, July 22-24

Barony of Black Diamond, Atlantia

http://black-diamond.atlantia.sca.org/assessment.html

Good Gentles pray take heed! War is afoot, and the armies of Atlantia are
assembled and prepared. Dangerous times are ahead, and all must be prepared
for
the great battles to come. Towards this end, do we, the Barony of Black
Diamond
invite the populous of Atlantia to the King's Assessment of his Armies. The
armies of Atlantia will stand ready for His Majesty's inspection upon the
field
of battle. Make ready and prepare, our enemies march as we speak. Atlantia
will be ready.

Martial Activities:

On the eve of July the 22th, a torchlight tourney, for both Armored and
Rapier combat will occur. Armored combat will include siege and combat
archery.
Both Armored and Rapier will match the Pennsic scenerios. A tournament to
determine the baronial champions in both heavy and rapier combat will occur
on the
23rd, as will melees upon his Majesty's discretion. For more information
contact
the MiC, His Excellency, Baron Raven MacGreggor (sickpup at excite.com) or
RMiC,
Lord Antonio (webminister at black-diamond.atlantia.sca.org). Black Diamond
also
invites the archers, throwing weapons and other combatants to Assessment, as

a range will be provided to hone your skills in preparation for war. For
those
wishing to have pavilions on the edges of the list fields, please contact
the
autocrat at bdchatelaine at yahoo.com. Preference will be given in order of OP
and first come, first served. There will be a chirugeon on site who is
willing
to help apprentices for this event. For more information!

 on

 helping with the chirugeonate, please contact Lady Anne la Settere at
quotku at yahoo.com. Waterbearers are also welcome.

Arts & Sciences:

This year's A&S theme is the myriad ways we hide the modern and how to stay
cool at Pennsic War. The best way to hide the modern will have three
subcategories; cloth, metal, and wood. Prizes will be given for Periodacity
(Peri-audacity). Is that a sheep in camp or a cooler in sheep's clothing?

Documentation is strongly encouraged for both categories.

Works in progress will be welcome in all competitions and there will be a
small token for the work in progress folks would most like to see done by
Pennsic. Please contact Aislinn at forsair at yahoo.com or 540-557-7036 for
additional
information.

Also there will be a dessert contest to be judged by those attending Queen's

Tea. So bring your desserts and see who can best tempt the delicate palates
of
the flowers of Atlantia. For more information, please contact Rosemary Teas
at 540-400-0387 or jody8327 at cox.net.

Merchants (so far):

. Miriam's Yarns and Fibers

. Magik Badger Ironworks

. Teas & Treasures - teas, dried herbs,  apple butter, peach butters, candy,

trail mixes

. Mad Monk- leather and odd items

. Eluneds Emporium- Jewelry ; amber and semiprecious stones

. Ironwood Studios

. Stoneware Pottery

. La Wren's Nest-  Clothing, Jewelry and accessories

Feast:

A grand feast will be provided upon the evening of the 23rd, along with
lunch
for those present during the day. Seating for feast is for 100. Reservations

are strongly suggested. For dietary concerns, please contact Cerwynne ap
Fhearghuis at wtsmitherman at liberty.edu

Lunch is provided in the cost of site fee.  Breakfast will be available for
purchase through the Canton of Azurmont on both Saturday and Sunday
mornings.

Children's Activities:

There will be children's activities available on Saturday the 23rd. For more

information, contact Lady Allegranza at allegranza at earthlink.net.

Schedule (subject to change):

Friday, July 22nd

4:00 PM Site opens

6:00 PM Authorizations begin

9:00 PM Torchlight Tourneys Begin

10:00 PM Bardic begins

Saturday, June 23rd

9:00 AM Authorizations Begin

10:00 AM Opening court

11:00 AM Fighting begins

12:00 PM Lunch

1:00 PM Fighting Resumes

1:30 PM Queen's Tea

4:00-5:00 PM Fighting ends

6:00 PM Court

7:00 PM Feast

8:00-9:00 PM Bardic begins

Sunday, June 24th

9:00 AM Curia

11:00 AM War Practice

2:00 PM Site closes

Site:

His Majesty's armies are prepared to test their mettle on the fields of
Glenn
Maury Park, in Buena Vista Virginia. 10th Street, Buena Vista, Virginia.
Showers will be provided. Pets allowed, on leash. Ground fires are
prohibited
though firepits are welcome. Hotels are available within ten miles or less
of the
site.  For more information on the site or camping, please contact the
Autocrat, Lady Juliana Greene at Bdchatelaine at yahoo.com.

Fees:

Site: $6.00; Feast $5.00; Camping $4.00 per person per night. The $3
non-member surcharge does apply.

Children ages 6-14 are half adult price. The babes (5 and under) of Atlantia

are the guests of the Barony. There is no camping fee for children 12 and
under.

Please send reservations to Ravenot (Steve Elmore) PO Box 2781, Roanoke VA
24001. Make checks payable to Barony of Black Diamond, SCA Inc.

Merchants:

We welcome all merchants to display and sell their wares to the populous of
Atlantia.  For more information on merchanting and to reserve space, please
contact Rosemary Teas at 540-400-0387 or jody8327 at cox.net.

Directions:

>From Blue Ridge Parkway: Take exit 45.6 to Hwy 60 West. Have fun following
the curves into Buena

Vista. Turn left (south) at first traffic light onto Rt. 501. Follow Rt. 501

for about 1 1/2 miles to 10th St. Turn right on 10th St. and follow sign
into
Glen Maury Park.

>From Interstate 81: Take Exit 188A to Hwy 60 East and follow it into Buena
Vista. Turn right (south) on Rt. 501. Follow Rt. 501 for about 1 1/2 miles
10th St. Turn right on 10th St. and follow sign into Glen Maury Park.

Take heed and make ready, war is on the horizon, and we will be prepared to
fight for our most noble majesties and our fair Kingdom of Atlantia