[Moo] Volunteer Information for Holiday Faire

Laurie garadh at erols.com
Thu Nov 3 20:33:46 PST 2005

Barony of Stierbach - Saturday, November 19, 2005

I know you are getting excited about Holiday Faire and you might have been asking yourself ..What can I do to help this really fine event?  Glad you asked!

We are having Martial Activities: with heavy and rapier indoors and outdoor target archery.

-- That means we need to set up list fences for the indoor fighting.  Any takers?  This needs to be done on Friday.  We provide the fences, you provide the muscle.

We are in two buildings increasing the numbers of available merchant spaces.

-- That means we need to mark off the merchant spaces in both buildings.  We will be doing this on FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 18, around 1 pm.  This takes several hours to do, so come prepared to stay a while.

-- Silent Auction:  This position is still up for grabs! I cannot beleive no one has jumped at the idea of running the silent auction!!  I really need someone to step-up to the task of running this very profitable adventure.  I also need several "helpers" that can help out during the day.  As soon as someone takes over this position, I can advertise that we are having a silent auction and to donate items.  I need to fill this position NOW.  Contact me; garadh at erols.com.  (I just know someone out there really wants to do this.)

-- Troll:  There is always room for one more to help out at Troll.  Contact Lord Siegfried McClure if you would like to sign-up to help.  SiegfriedMcClure at aol.com

-- There are other tasks such as:  making a run to the storage locker to pick-up tables, once they are at the site, unload them, set them in up in key locations.  Contact the Autocrat; Lord Sean MacKelly (Matthew Kelly),  (540) 338-6498, email: theermine at aol.com   This is also scheduled to be done on Friday.  If you have a truck, that helps, otherwise we will be happy with muscles.

-- Kingdom Sweet Shop will be here at Holiday Faire.  You can do your part by buying a few goodies and in return, you are supporting the Kingdom Travel Fund.  You can also support this fund raiser by donating some of those yummies.  Contact Kim of Wolfshaven - Kim_wolfshaven at yahoo.com.  She will be so tickled to hear from you!

-- Do you know someone still interested in merchanting?  Contact them and tell them to get busy and send in that merchant sign-up form.  They are available at http://www.stierbach.org/main.html.  Merchants have to pre-register.  All information is contained in that flyer.  I am expecting a sell-out of spaces.  When that happens, I will have a waiting list for merchants who did not get their form in on time.

Newcomers greet and meet:  Lady Miriam Calvert of Giddiehall Honiburn, will be greeting any newcomers, passing out garb for those who forgot theirs.  If your interested in helping Lady Miriam, contact her at chatelaine at sudentorre.atlantia.sca.org.

-- Children's Activities are planned.

-- Heralds will have a table at Holiday Faire.

-- Lunch:  A fund-raising lunch will be available for a small fee.  - Saving you the time to make that noonday meal and think of the extra space in your vehicle you gain by not hauling all that extra stuff.  More room for all those  purchases.  I will try and get the menu posted soon.

-- Pay at the Door:  $8 for Adult members (non-members, $11)  You still have time to get in on the $6 membership rate if you

act now!  Otherwise, you can pay at the door for $2 more.

Pre-Registration Costs

      Adult Members
     $6

      Adult Non-Members
     $9

      Children (ages 6-17)
     $3

      Children under 5
     guest of the Barony

      Merchant Space: First 10' X 10'
     First 10' X 10' -- $6

      Additional 10' X 10' space
      $10 each

Site: Prince William County Fairgrounds, 10624 Dumfries Rd, Manassas, VA 20112. Site Restrictions: No alcohol, no pets.  Site opened at 10 am.  Merchants allowed in at 8 am to set-up.  Site closes 6:30 pm.

Autocrat:  Lord Sean MacKelly (Matthew Kelly), 19130 Pintail Ct, Purcellville, VA 20132. (540) 338-6498, email: theermine at aol.com

Directions to the Site:

>From the RT 66: Take the Rt. 234 exit (exit number 44). Turn left onto Dumfries Rd (Business 234), about the 4th red light. Go north about one mile and turn left into the park directly after the National Guard Armory.

>From the I-95, south of the Washington, DC beltway: Take RT 234 North towards Manassas (exit number 152B).  Follow Route 234 for about fourteen miles and turn right at the light onto Dumfries Rd (Business 234). Go north about one mile and turn left into the park directly after the National Guard Armory.

Hotel Site information:  Contact the Merchant Coordinator for listing of local hotels.

If you have any questions, contact Lord Sean MacKelly (Matthew Kelly), (540) 338-6498, email: theermine at aol.com or contact me; Lady Cairistiona (Laurie Clarkston) at garadh at erols.com, (540) 582-2699.

This is going to be a great event and made all the more better because you came out and volunteered!  Come support your Barony and you get to have fun too!

YIS,

Cairistiona