[Moo] Working Parties for Baronial Birthday Site Prep Part 2

Turgeis Hakonson turgeis_hakonson at verizon.net
Sun Apr 9 18:32:48 PDT 2006

Greetings,

Today was a very productive day.  The crew of myself, Manus, Loric and family, Alexandre(sp), Iustinos and Ilse, and Baron Colum accomplished quite a bit.  We were able clear four downed trees, fell and cleared two more.  This has effectively doubled our fighting area from last year.  This has also identified a PRIMO spot for Waterbarers/Chiurgons point on the fighting side of the creek.  But it needs some TLC.

On Sunday, 30 April will be the next get together.  We will need to clear out under brush, ramble rose vine (e.g. tangle foot) and treat for poison ivy.  With more help and more tools (pruning sheers, saws, bush hogs, etc) we can really get the site ready in just a few hours.

Additionally, it would be really helpful for members of the archery community could get together wit the TA/TW MiCs and survey their areas.  I am reluctant to do this for them as I don't know how they plan to use the space.  I can tell tell you that is appears as though the property owners have already done some clearing for us.  It looks nicer than what I remember last year.

Ok, enough rambling.  Thanks again to today's crew.  Each of you worth your weight in gold.  My thanks to the two people who could not make it out, but loaned us the use of chainsaws.  Very Helpful indeed.

Hope to see you on the 29th.  I am looking to be on site NLT 11am.  I'll post any updates here.

In Service,

Turgeis