[Moo] Fwd: [Watchtower] Baronial Birthday

Shalandara at aol.com Shalandara at aol.com
Tue Mar 28 03:55:26 PST 2006

Forwarded from Sudentorre's list:

In a message dated 3/27/2006 10:34:53 PM Eastern Standard Time,
lgoldman05 at yahoo.com writes:

Hi Everyone,
  I am assuming that everyone has seen the missive from Mistress  Ceridwen
about Assessment and Baronial Birthday...
  Here's what I think.....I really think that the  barony should move
Baronial Birthday to another weekend if we  can.....because if the heavy fighters go
to Assessment, then their support  crews (ie, households, non fighters, wives,
kids, husbands, etc) will go with  them.  Besides, if members of the Barony
want to support the event  traditionally used to get ready for Pennsic
fighting, if Birthday is moved,  then they don't have to be in coflict as to which
event to support.
   If the barony holds Birthday that weekend anyway, there will  be
diminished attendance...and that would hurt the event as well.  As  someone new to the
Barony, I would think we'd want our  Birthday celebration to be as grand and
well-attended as possible.
     Is tha t the only weekend that Assessment can  held?  Is it a site
-related question(the site is only available  for the SCA to use that weekend?)?
    Just my few pence of opinion,
Ceridwen ferch Owain, the "other" and "lesser" Mistress  Ceridwen<g>