[Moo] Volunteers Needed for Tournoi des Enfants

Shalandara at aol.com Shalandara at aol.com
Wed Apr 25 08:28:34 PDT 2007

My thanks to Allen, Barbara, Laurie, Nichelle, and Jean for helping with
site tokens last night.

Do not fear, there are still ways for you to help with the event!  I  have
several areas that need volunteers to start signing up.

Friday the 4th: We will need people to help put up tents.  The more we  get
up on Friday night the less set up time that is needed on saturday  morning!  I
hear a rumor that Laurie will be bribing any workers with  food.  Also, we
will most likely be filling the truck (thanks Brian!) with  items to go to the
site.

Many of these jobs are only for 2 hour shifts!  You can always sign up  for
more than one!

Onto specific job areas on the event day:

Troll: will need workers.  Lady Anne will be coordinating   volunteers soon.

Parking Attendants:  2 or 3 people per 2 hour shift, beginning at 8am  and
going until Noon.  You will be directing cars in the parking lot and  making
sure that they are not damaging the owner's property.  Also, after  10am there
will be no vehicles past Troll (safety issues for children) unless it  is
escorted by someone.

Children's Activity Tent: This is the major need for volunteers.  This  is
where there will be crafts and such for children (and would look like most to
be traditional SCA Children's Corner).  In order to not burden any 1 or 2
individuals I would like to see 2 (at least) people per 2 hour shift, beginning
at 10AM and going until 4PM.  That translates into a minimum of 6  people.

Active Play Area: This will be an area roped off by list fences and will be
a safe area for active play.  Games such as bocce and croquet will be  there.
I would like there to be some people to step forward and coordinate  some
active games.  A 1 or 2 hour shift is all I am asking here, as well as  the
ability to be flexible depending upon what children are there.

Toddler/Infant Tent: This will be an area for smaller children, with
suitable toys.  There will also be a changing table area, as well as space  for
Nursing mothers.  I need one person to check in periodically to make  sure that
this tent is neat, and to make sure that the trash is taken care  of.  ****
Someone has already volunteerd for this **** Thank you !!!  ****

Trash Detail:  1 person, or 2 people with split morning/afternoon  shifts, to
monitor trash cans and bag trash and collect it in one spot for  removal.
This is an ongoing job all day long and can be done in addition  to other jobs.

Kitchen Help: Ysar will need a few people to help cut and prepare some of
the food that day, as well as help with the setup and takedown of the kitchen
area.

Servers: A few people will be needed to help serve food for lunch.   Details
on exact numbers needed will be forthcoming.  This would be from  11am to 2ish.

"Bounders": We will have signs marking the end of the area that we have the
use of, but there will be people needed to help patrol and keep kids from
certain areas (like the way leading to the pond).

Waterbearers:  There is no waterbearer in charge.  We have  supplies, but no
volunteer to coordinate this yet.  It is currently under  the supervision of
the Chiurgeon in Charge (Lady Miriam), but volunteers to  actually get water to
the people are needed all day long, especially if this is  a warm day.

Takedown:  We will need as many hands as possible to do takedown and  cleanup
of the site on Saturday.  While we have the ability to be onsite on  Sunday I
would prefer as much work as possible get down on Saturday.

Please get in touch with me (off list) and tell me how you want to help  out!

In Service to  my Canton, my Barony, and my Crown
Ly Elizabeth of Hadley Hall
Canton of  Sudentorre, Barony of Stierbach, Kingdom of Atlantia
Lozengy Or and Vert a  Chief Sable
Autocrat, Tournoi des  Enfants