[Moo] Deadline for Pre-Reg for Defending the Gate is approaching!

Shalandara at aol.com Shalandara at aol.com
Mon Mar 5 05:56:48 PST 2007

The deadline for pre-reg for  Defending the Gate VI is approaching.  Get your
registrations in before  March 17th for your discount.  This also helps our
cooks know how much of a  dayboard to make, since it is part of your site fee.
In Service to  my Canton, my Barony, and my Crown
Ly Elizabeth of Hadley Hall
Canton of  Sudentorre, Barony of Stierbach, Kingdom of Atlantia
Lozengy Or and Vert a  Chief Sable
Autocrat, Defending the Gate VI
Autocrat, Tournoi des  Enfants
March 31st –  Defending the Gate VI
Canton of Sudentorre –  Fredericksburg, VA
In order to  celebrate the alliances that strengthen us all, all competitions
will be for  teams, not individuals.  In  addition, there are “Alliance Points
” that can be won by competitors.  The Barony, Shire, Canton, Guild,
Household,  or some other group that wins the most “Alliance Points” will be declared
 Sudentorre’s nearest and dearest ally.
Site:  The Lee Hill  Community Center, 1 HCC Drive  (Cosner  Drive),
Fredericksburg, VA  22407.  The hall opens at 10 am and closes at 10  pm.  No alcohol
or pets  allowed.  Site is wheelchair  accessible.  Parking is limited,
carpooling recommended.
Website:  http://sudentur.atlantia.sca.org/dtg6.php
Martial  Activities: Tournaments will be held for Heavy Weapons, Archery,
Rapier, and  Thrown Weapons, and possibly Combat Archery.  List tables will open
at 10:30 am with  authorizations/armor inspections to follow.
Marshal-in-Charge: Baron Turgeis  Hakonson (Mike Daywalt, 540-720-0529,
_Turgeis_Hakonson at verizon.net_ (mailto:Turgeis_Hakonson at verizon.net) )
A&S competitions: Entries need to be contributed to by teams of 2-3 people.
There will be an  adult and children’s division. Children teams may only have 1
adult contributing  less than 60%. There will also be an open display for all
artisans.  Contact Lady Christina de Nedham (Jeanne  Zabel, 540-775-1393,
_jzabel at crosslink.net_ (mailto:jzabel at crosslink.net) )
Merchants:  Merchant space is outdoors and  unprotected and free.  Contact
Lady  Rowen ferch Rhys (Amy Neumann, 540-368-0037, _mdvlsoul at aol.com_
(mailto:mdvlsoul at aol.com) )
Lunch: A sideboard lunch is  included in your daytrip price.  It  will be
prepared by Lady Grace Whyting.  Pre-registration will help us be able to prepare
enough food for everyone  to be satisfied.
Feast auction:  Members of the Renaissance Club of Mary Washington University
will once again be  auctioned off in a traditional style.  Limited quantities
available.  If no service is purchased for your table, service will be at
your own  risk.
Silent auction:  Come try your luck in winning the best bargain at the table!
Feast: A sumptuous  meal for 100 is being prepared by Lady Morgaine of
Donegal (Julie Bright,  804-747-3368, _julie.bright at brightdreamstudio.net_
(mailto:julie.bright at brightdreamstudio.net) .  Please  contact her for any dietary
concerns.  A full feast menu will be posted online shortly.
Dancing:  After the feast put on your dancing  shoes as Lady Rowen ferch Rhys
teaches and leads dances.
Fees:                 Member                                 Non-Member
                 Child (6-17)
Site Fee        $10  ($8 before 3/17)              $13 ($11 before 3/17)
      $5 ($4 before 3/17)
Feast            $8                                            $8
                               $5
Notes: Children 5 and under are guests of the Canton.  Lunch is included in
the site  fee.
Reservations: Lord  Samuel Calvert (Bruce Calvert), 42 South Pointe  Lane,
Fredericksburg, VA 22405,  540-371-9920, _bruce.f.calvert at saic.com_
(mailto:bruce.f.calvert at saic.com) .   Make  checks payable to “Canton of Sudentorre, SCA
Inc.”  The only reservation is a paid  reservation.
Autocrat: Lady  Elizabeth of Hadley Hall (Elizabeth Ernst),
_shalandara at aol.com_ (mailto:shalandara at aol.com)
Directions:
>From the North/Northwest: I-95 south to Fredericksburg, Virginia.  Take exit
130A Route 3 East.  After 3 miles merge onto US-17  Business/Route 2 South
toward Tappahannock/Bowling Green.   After 3.6 miles turn left onto HCC  drive.
Follow the road back into  the park.
>From the South/Southwest: I-95 north to Fredericksburg, Virginia.  Take exit
126B to Route 1 South.  Turn left onto Route 17 at the  light.  Travel on R
oute 17 for 5.5  miles and turn left at the light onto Route 2.  Go 2 miles and
turn right onto  HCC  Drive.  Follow the road back into the park.
>From the East: If you are coming through King George County, take the Blue
and Gray Parkway (Route  3 Bypass).  Go .5 miles and take the  Route 2/US-17
Business exit.  At the  bottom of the exit turn Left onto Dixon Street/Route
2/US-17 Business.  Go 3.6 miles and turn left onto  HCC  Drive.  Follow the road
back into the park.

http://www.aol.com.