[Moo] Tournoi des Enfants Class Schedule

Laurie Clarkston garadh at verizon.net
Wed May 9 21:46:37 PDT 2007

Here is the Class Schedule for this Saturday's Tournoi des Enfants event (May 12, 2007).  **This is only the classroom schedule.**  There is Youth Archery, Youth Thrown Weapons and a Youth Rapier demo (maybe rapier fighting) ongoing throughout the day.

For more details check our the website at: http://sudentorre.atlantia.sca.org/kidevent.php

See you on Saturday!

Cairistiona

Class Coordinator

~~ ~~

Class Schedule

10:30 am - 11:30 am

Classroom 1 ~  Celtic Embroidery

Teacher:  Lady  Rhonwen verch Tuder (Shannon Bennett)

Age group:  10 years old and up

Class Limit:  10 students

Course Outline:  Students will learn a brief history of Celtic embroidery as well as the stitches needed to complete the projects.  Participants will receive a bag with a design on fabric, needle, and skein of DMC to get started.

Classroom 2 ~Fan Decorating

Teacher:  Lady Blitha of Wolfhou (Barbara Miller)

Age Group:    8 years old and up

Class Limit:  10 students

Course Outline:  Use paint to decorate fans for your own use.

11:30 am - 12:30 pm

Classroom 1 ~ Shadow Puppets

Teacher:  Lady Gwenllian Anwyld (Kirsten "Kier" Kenlon)

Age Group:  5 and above

Class Limit: 15 students

Course Outline:  Students will learn about shadow puppets, how they work and how they were made.  You will paint and decorate simple shadow puppets.

Classroom 2 ~ Banners making

Teacher:  Lady Graidhne ní Ruaidh (Cecelia Hughes)

Age Group:  8 years old and up

Class Limit:  10 students

Course Outline:  Pennants in a variety of colors will be provided, along with paint and paint markers for decorating it as you like.

1:00 pm -  2:00 pm

Classroom 1 ~ Breadmaking

Teacher:  Lady Hrosvitha von Celle (Kerri Martinsen)

Age Group:  5-8 years old

Class Limit:  8 students

Course Outline:  Each student will make a small loaf of bread, starting with mixing the dough and kneading it in the first ½ hour.  The dough will then rise and the students will need to return to shape loaves and prep for baking.  We will bake the bread on site and students can pick-up their loaves and eat them!

Classroom 2 ~ Page Academy A&S Core Class

Teacher:  Lady Gwenllian Anwyld (Kirsten "Kier" Kenlon)

Age Group:  ages 9-14

Class Limit:  12 students

Course Outline:  This is one of the three Core classes required for Atlantian Pages.  This class will discuss the different aspects of A&S, documentation, awards, A&S competitions and you will do a simple A&S project.

2:00 pm - 3:00 pm

Classroom 1 ~ Breadmaking Continued  (See last hour)

Classroom 2 ~ Introduction to Juggling

Teacher:  Lady Cassandra Arabella Giordani (Kim Jordan)

Age Group:  9 years old and up

Class Limit:  15 students

Course Outline:  Juggling is period!  Learn a little about the history of juggling, and then try it yourself as we learn the basic juggling pattern, the 3-ball cascade.  This class is all about throwing things, so break-out of those sit-down classes and get some exercise here.  If you have your own juggling balls, please bring them, as it's best to learn with your own props.  Loaner props will be available for the duration of the class for those who don't have their own.

3:00 pm - 4:00 pm

Classroom 1 ~ Fan Decorating

Teacher:  Lady Blitha of Wolfhou (Barbara Miller)

Age Group:  Pre-school to second grade

Class Limit:  10 students

Course Outline:  Use markers and pens to decorate your own fan.

Classroom 2 ~ Puppets in Period

Teacher:  Lady Gwenllian Anwyld (Kirsten "Kier" Kenlon)

Age Group:  ages 9-14 years old

Class Limit:  12 students

Course Outline:  Page Academy class on puppetry in the middle ages.  We will discuss the history of puppets and then we will make/decorate your own glove puppets.

4:00 pm - 5:00 pm

Classroom 1 ~ History of the Harp

Teacher:  Lady  Rhonwen verch Tuder (Shannon Bennett)

Age Group:  all ages

Class Limit:  no class limit

Course Outline:  Students will learn a brief history of the harp through the ages.  In addition, basic technique of harp playing will be taught.  Half the class will be dedicated to a question and answer session.  Handouts provided.

Classroom 2 ~ Finger Loop Braiding

Teacher:  Lady Adrianna Michaels (Kelly Lynn Keck)

Age Group:  9 years old and up

Class Limit:  12 students

Course Outline:  Learn how to do Basic finger loop braid

Children's Tent

Special activities Scheduled

Storyteller:  Lord Bertran de St. Jean (Brian Bertrand)

The Sun, Moon and Stars I & II  ~~ A story of Csuksari the Gypsy and other assorted tales.

Age group:  ages 6-12 years old

Time:  11 am and again at 3 pm

Ongoing in the afternoon:  "Scribal Stuff"

Teacher:  Lady Graidhne ní Ruaidh (Cecelia Hughes)

Age group:  ages 10 and up

Class Limit:  As many as I have pens for

Course Outline:  Illuminated letters for the little ones and borders for the older ones-cards for Mother's Day will be available, as will gouache, paintbrushes, and felt-tipped calligraphy pens.

Main Feast Tent

Henna through the ages

Teacher:  Lady Aelfwynn of Whitby (Michelle McDaniel)

Age group:  all ages

Ongoing throughout the day

Course Outline:  Learn about the historical use and application of henna.  Receive a booklet with recipes, designs, and historical info.  Participants will have the opportunity to apply henna paste to themselves.

Please Note:  Henna designs are semi-permanent and will take roughly 1-3 weeks to fade.