[Moo] Fw: Passing of Warder Albyn Buckthorne

Laura Barrett alienorb48912 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 28 04:12:02 PST 2007

Greetings,
    For those of you who were active within the fencing community in the Midrealm, I have sad news of the passing of THL Warder Albyn Buckthorn. He was a dear friend to our family. His Lady Frenchie as well as this good lord,  helped our family when we 1st started with the SCA (they taught me to drum at my 1st camping event where I was introduced to cordials, mead, and an all-encompassing hospitality). He made our camping table-in-a-box for our wedding. If you have seen the video of Reinmar's proposal, He and his lady led the procession of our friends with the drum & tambourine. We were blessed with many memories of Albyn & His Lady Frenchie fromt the time we 1st attended events in the area in Pentamere. I have forwarded the email I received asking for written memories of Albyn to be included in a memory box. If you have known this good man, please send your thoughts and prayers to his lady wife.
    YIS,
  Alienor

Love Conquers All

Funeral info for Warder Albyn Buckthorne
Posted by: "Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski"
panzygmunt at gmail. com tomnadra
Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:35 pm (PST)
Please feel free to forward this on to those it would
be appropriate for.

THL Albyn Buckthorne [Rob Nurnburger] passed away
suddenly, at home, on
Sunday afternoon, November 25, 2007.

He was widely known and well loved. His honours and
awards, too numerous to
mention here, may be noted at
http://www.companyo fthebronzering. org/warderpages/
albyn.html

Visitation hours with family and friends will be on
*Wednesday night,
November 28* , from 6 – 8 PM, at:

Caskey-Mitchell Funeral Home

424 East Main

Stockbridge, MI 49285

(517) 851 – 7755

Funeral services will begin at 2 P.M. on *Thursday,
November 29*, at the
same location. Garb is optional.

The Caskey-Mitchell Funeral Home will be open by 1 PM
on Thursday for those
who wish to arrive to meet family and friends, and
share remembrances. There
will be a short reception to follow the memorial
services at a nearby
location.

Gestures of sympathy (donations) in Albyn's memory may
be made to the Grand
Rapids (MI) chapter of United Way.

Lady Antoinette de la Rouge d'Avignon (Toni
Nurnburger) has requested that a
"Box of Memories" should be created. Please share your
stories, tales, and
remembrances of Albyn by writing them down and
depositing them in the "Box
of Memories" at the services, or by sending these to
Frenchie at
buckthornemanor@ yahoo.com, or via postal service to:

Toni Nurnburger

1926 Fitchburg Road

Stockbridge, MI 49285-9533

--
Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski
"Most people live their lives as if they had another

THL Sgt. Iain Ruadh
Pentamere Region, Midrealm

__._,_.___

Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe Visit Your Group
Only on Yahoo!
Star Wars galaxy
Create a profile
and meet fans.