[Moo] email issues

Richard Wymarc rwymarc at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 07:41:39 PST 2008

This is not just an issue with our news lists. I've done some poking and Comcast has a history of blocking mail due to bogus spam worries. Add that to the fact that they have no "whitelist" option for email users and you have a problem.

This problem has been cropping up for over a year now, and Comcast seems uninterested in a permanent fix. This is especially frustrating in that our mailing lists are relatively low volume and subscription only.

I am recommending that all Comcast subscribers consider moving their discussion group subscriptions to a Gmail (gmail.com) address. You can use Gmail to then forward the newsgroup postings to your Comcast account if you wish, or set up gmail to be accessed through your regular email program.

I am willing to provide instructions to those who need it.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help fix the problem.

Master Richard Wymarc
mka Timothy J. Mitchell

"I have offended God and mankind because my work didn't reach the quality it should have."
--Leonardo da Vinci