[Moo] Stained Glass Lecture?

Shannon D. Combs-Bennett sdcbennett at alumni.indiana.edu
Mon Jan 14 13:34:01 PST 2008

Greetings to the lists,

Many of you know that my Pelican is also a Laurel in stained glass,
Mistress Kirsten Thorsteinsdottir.  She and her husband will be in the
area visiting the first part of May and has told me she would be willing
to do a lecture, or two, on the subject.  A couple ideas she has are how
to find stained glass documentation, and decorative painting techniques
(but she won't bring her kiln all the way from Indiana).

If there is interest in these two subjects please let me know, or if
there is interest in a different type of class let me know so I can tell
her what the group would like to hear about.  Her library is extensive,
and so are her slides/pictures of all the different places she has
visited around the world... with stained glass of course.  She is also
planning on attending investiture if anyone would like to informally
talk to her about the subject there as well.

She is a very neat lady and I am so excited she is coming and willing to
teach her craft.  Kirsten does the most amazing things with glass
(including two laurel scrolls in period form) and is the reason I have
the glass bug.  This is going to be wonderful!

Thanks,

Rhonwen