[Moo] Update on Master El (not good news) - relayed

Maven sk8maven at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 12 20:08:26 PDT 2008

The following is rather grim news, and I'm quite
upset about it - Master El is someone I know from
BEFORE I joined the SCA (he's also folk/filksinger
and Big Name SF Fan Elliott K. Shorter). The world
will be a bleaker place without him. :(
Medhbhin (Maven)

Update on Master El (not good news)
    Posted by: "t_neill t_neill"
t_neill at hotmail.com tneill01
    Date: Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:26 am ((PDT))

I'm forwarding this from another list.

This is the latest on Master El from Lord Eloi (his
protege and the point man for his care). Eloi's
address is camorissette [at] aol [dot] com.
 Steffan ap Kennydd

------------------------------
> Hello all,
> This update is one that I need listened to and
forwarded rapidly. I am not happy to have to say
that people should make time to see Elliot. We met
with his doctors today and they told him we have
hit the roof in the getting better department. He
will almost certainly never leave a hospital bed
again.

After such a huge turn around, he is aware and
talking clearly and understands all this, to hear
that has taken some wind from our sails. Lucky for
me I can get angry. His response when he heard this
prognosis was "he's dead Jim." He skipped Dialysis
the other day so that is where I got to get angry.

I told him that if he starts giving up that he
needs to give me notice and allow people time to
see him while he can  still be him. He didn't
really take the bait and get feisty, he said yes,
he would like to see people.

The doctors told him he could stop all treatment
and make him comfortable, this killed me. I am
worried that having seen him during this exchange
that he won't fight this long. He is at the
Providence VA, 6a. I bring all cards and e-mailed
well wishes to him, don't hesitate to write please.
Thank you all for everything.