[Moo] [Ponte Alto] Bloodbath - Credit Where Credit is Due (was: Vivat to the Greater Baronial Logistics Corps!!!)

Max Nelson maxntropy at att.net
Mon Mar 17 12:04:09 PDT 2008

Your most gracious and generous Excellency:

I apologize for not making myself clear enough for which I take total
responsibility and for which I humbly offer sincere contrition if I
might have in any way conveyed any dismay, anguish or slight to any of
those who have provided fantastic good service to our great land and
worthy peoples.

When I refer to the "Logistics Corps", I have a very specific meaning
and context, referring to the on-field logistics (e.g., Unit shade,
water, snacks, care, etc...) as defined by the War Council.  I was
most clearly *not* referring to the broader event Administration
(e.g., Autocrat, Troll, MoL, Dayboard, MiC, etc...) which naturally
enables such on-field logistics, but which is well beyond the scope of
on-field unit logistics and which at non-Baronial events will clearly
be handled by personnel that are well beyond our influence or knowledge.

Since the Autocrat of events typically thanks those involved with the
Administration of the events, but since the War Unit had received on-
field Logistical support from the Logistics Corps on both Saturday and
most especially at the War Practice on Sunday, I wanted to take the
opportunity to thank those involved for their efforts on our behalf on
*both* days (for excluding one day would have seemed inappropriate),
yet I did *not* want to step on the toes of the Autocrat by stealing
her rightful role in thanking all of her Administrative staff.

While I am not trying to excuse myself, I hope this helps clarify
somewhat the situation.  I was primarily trying to thank the
wonderfully kind folk who provided such excellent Logistical Support
to the Army at the War Practice on Sunday, but who also provided such
wonderful service at Bloodbath on Saturday.  I wanted to do so without
stealing the Thunder of the Autocrat's "Thank You."

I am glad your Excellency was able to more pointedly demonstrate to
all the specific nature of the hardwork put forward by those who have
donated so willingly to make our Barony the shining jewel that it is.
I believe the more we can point to specific examples of what is right
and good, the more we inspire such work in both ourselves and others.

To *all* those who helped make both Bloodbath and the War Practice we
hosted for the Northern Army the rousing successes that they were, I
convey to you my deepest thanks, warmest regards, and the knowledge
that I have gotten missives from our visitors from the East who wished
me to convey to you all that they had tremendous good times, that the
people here wond'rous and fought fantastically, and that they "can't
wait 'till next year!"

So I think we can take that as strong praise indeed (and we better get
ready for more Easterners, methinks).

Vivat to you all!

Max