[Moo] Thank you!

Shannon D. Combs-Bennett sdcbennett at alumni.indiana.edu
Sun Nov 23 16:13:48 PST 2008

Greetings to the Barony from your (now warm) Baron and Baroness,

What a wonderful day yesterday!  Thank you to everyone who showed up,
pitched in, shopped and braved the weather.  We are sure Baroness
Brianna will have more to say later, but we wanted to once again thank
her for serving as autocrat for Holiday Faire.

There was an excellent turn out on the fighting fields and archery
ranges.  Thank you to the MOL's who sat out there to ensure everyone's
fun!  The turkey shoot was a success again, and we expect next year that
someone from Stierbach will get the turkey and put an end to Seamus's
streak.

A wonderful lunch was provided, once again, by the Incipient Canton of
Abhainn Iarthair.  Everyone was well feed, kept warm by hot drinks, and
had a great selection of food. Our Cooks Guild kept everyone's blood
sugar regulated with plenty of sweets. They had a wide variety of items
available. The Canton of Sudentorre's Royal Travel fund raffle provided
a much needed infusion of funds to this worthy cause. We find ourselves
truly blessed to have such Cantons and Guilds. It warmed our hearts to
see so much of the Barony contributing to the success of one of the
Kingdom's unique events.

We would like to recognize the youth of the Barony who helped. There
were so many who helped in many ways, that we cannot thank you all
enough.  In particular the young adults, who helped set-up, unload, run
errands, and in general were there whenever they were needed all day.
Remember these young people are the future of the SCA, so thank them and
encourage them on their endeavors so we will see them for many more
years to come.

Finally, for those of you, who helped us personally during the day,
THANK YOU!  Many helped with our children, helped me when I had a bit of
an allergy issue, helped us set up and break down, and in general looked
out for us in only the way you can.  Without you it would have been very
hard to be the hosts we like to be, we appreciate you all so very much.

So to next year, may it be even better, and even warmer!

Yours,

Flaithri and Rhonwen