[Moo] Road testing... testing... 1... 2... 3... ( was: What do I need to do to shed my mundane name?)

Denise McMahon gerkeeper at mac.com
Wed Oct 22 17:35:00 PDT 2008

Do take your time. There is no deadline, except that once you receive
an award of arms, the Herald Folks like you to make an effort to get
your name registered shortly thereafter.

There are some (infidels!) who have never registered their names.

So. Take the name for a test drive for awhile to see how you like it.

cheers!

Rowan B.

On Oct 22, 2008, at 7:36 PM, PHF wrote:

> Kihe (and, off-list, Ana) -
>
> Thank you both for your insights!
>
> Per recommendations, I am going to begin test-driving my favored
> (Christian) name in 3, 2, 1... Only a few of you have met me, a few
> more have seen me 'round here using my modern name, but I hope I've
> chosen early enough that it will be easy to know me by what I hope
> will wind up my SCA name instead of having to make a difficult
> transition from my modern name.
>
> It will take me somewhat longer, I think, to find a byname or
> surname that speaks to me, so for now, I hope to be known as
>
> Julian of Stierbach
>
> P.S. I hope that, in my enthusiastic newbieness, I am not becoming
> a pest around here. If I ask too many questions, by all means,
> encourage me gently to pipe down and sit back to listen a while. :)

Wisdom and power follow endurance and patience.

-The Prophet Muhammad, as reported by Abu Sayeed al-Khodri