[Moo] Road testing... testing... 1... 2... 3... ( was: What do I need to do to shed my mundane name?)

Dave Montuori damont at wolfstar.com
Thu Oct 23 12:52:41 PDT 2008

Scriptit Rowan:
> Do take your time. There is no deadline, except that once you receive
> an award of arms, the Herald Folks like you to make an effort to get
> your name registered shortly thereafter.

The scribes like you to have your name *and armory* registered once you
get an Award of Arms, though I gather the name is more important for the
purposes of laying out the calligraphy.

Having your name registered makes things easier for the Clerk of
Precendence. I know one former Stierbacher who got three AoAs *in
Atlantia* -- under three different names -- because nobody connected her
with her former name[s] the second and third times around. Go figure.

But the only really hard and fast deadline in Atlantia is if you want to
fight in Crown Tourney. (Atlantian Law 6.2.5.1.9 -- I'm not entirely happy
about this, but there it is.)

Evan